Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

16v Problems

i think it was Cheesy aka chris who told me at modified nationals he had noticed a definate improvement in his car after he replaced his dizzy...he paid somewhere near £90 or so...could be wrong there.

i wanna get my cam belt replaced along with other belts...does someone have a guide or picture showing how i can see the cams and if they are levelled up..or where the marked points are?

might take off the belt cover and have a look at mine...it gives me 26mpg at the most. :|

i think it was Cheesy aka chris who told me at modified nationals he had noticed a definate improvement in his car after he replaced his dizzy...he paid somewhere near £90 or so...could be wrong there.

i wanna get my cam belt replaced along with other belts...does someone have a guide or picture showing how i can see the cams and if they are levelled up..or where the marked points are?

might take off the belt cover and have a look at mine...it gives me 26mpg at the most. :|

Yep that was me

I payed around the £90 mark on exchange for my old one

Well I have changed the distributor cap and rotor arm as well as an oil/filter change and its made feck all difference!!! Money well spent, not. I checked the timing as well and its ok.

This is really pissing me off now. :mad:

this sounds just like the problem with my car! is it a kind of toxic petrol smell? i also noticed the other day i could see the 'main' HT lead had an arc between an earth on the engine!?!? so not good i should imagine? so maybe we have a similar problem, how much doe it throw the performance out, cos i have never been really 2 impressed with it so far! feels like something is missing...like a spark!

if you can see arcing on the leads, put some new ones on! There should be no arcs at all from the leads, as this means that the outer insulation has broken down or become damaged, and the current is shorting to the block rather than sparking in the cylinder like it's supposed to be....

You WILL feel the difference when you put new leads on if and old one has been arcing... 8)

niceeeeee! looks like the prob of ropey powerd corrado has been solved! halford here i come! are they the same as golf 16 ones? think there were 2 different part numbers last time there, had the golf ones but not C ones? its just the lead that goes 2 the dizzy cap, not an actual ht lead, and its only a tiny tiny little spark!?! CHEERS YOU HAVE MADE ME A HAPPY MAN THO BY SOUNDS OF IT!!!! :D

yup, they're the same as Golf 16V ones... you're best of going to either Euro or GSF though... I dunno if Halfords would stock 'em... :?

ok, cheers for ya help fella will try n get some from gsf in the morning, one bout 10 miles from here! :D :D