Joerrado

Engine mount advice please

Hello everyone.

So, after about 3 years of my beloved Corrado VR6 sitting on the drive turning green and the numerous notes left on the windscreen asking if I'd sell it I have decided to show it some love.

The engine is out and I've got a replacement with 73k waiting to go back in (it's predecessor had 240k before it finally started to get a bit noisy and smokey)

Anyway while the engine is out I'm looking at replacing the mounts. I've been on the verge of getting some Vibra Technics for weeks now but just can't justify that kind of expense at the moment.

So I think I'm going to stick with the stock mounts for now but I thought before I do I'd see if anyone had any good advice in this department.

Do I have many choices around the stock price range? Is there a particular supplier people recommend?

I've looked at GSF but they're currently out of stock of the rear mount and I'd like get them all together ASAP.

I'm sorry if this has been covered many times before but I never seem to have much success at searching the forums

Cheers all

And note with the VT mounts you'll get more vibration through the cabin... personally id stick to OEM.

It's not cabin vibration. It's RDS.

Rattle Detection System :grin:

At least you might be able to figure which bits of trim are loose. Most likely all of them!

Is there still a group buy on VT mounts? Personally if I was replacing all three, I'd go VT front, and OE rear and gearbox from TPS if you have one local.

It's not cabin vibration. It's RDS.

Rattle Detection System :grin:

At least you might be able to figure which bits of trim are loose. Most likely all of them!

Long time no see Mr VR6.

Thats a good way of putting it. The rattles will drive you mad and you'll have to fix them! :lol:

VT front mount is absolutely worth it. Vibration is really minimal and shouldn't cause many, if any, more rattles than you have now. In return you get a much tighter front end. I've kept the others standard.