Sign in to follow this  
jamie_300

Red, Non Sunroof 1.8 16v for £600 in Bordon, Hampshire

1990 VW Corrado 16V – Non Sunroof

Here we have my advert for my 1990 VW Corrado 1.8 16V

I bought this with the intention of taking the interior out of it for my other Corrado project, and turning this one into a track day car. However, due to a lack of time, space and money I am forced to sell it.

I have quite a bit of History on this Car, it was used as the previous owners daily drive until approximately 2009, then the Heater matrix went and he parked it up at his friends Garage hoping he would fix it for him. When coming down to see my Dad and his Land rover one day I see this parked up and make enquiries about buying it. A few weeks later it is mine. It had already been left standing at this garage for about a year before I bought it, then two years after buying it. This summer I started to strip it before realising that having two project Corrados isn’t really sensible.

At the moment as you can see in the photos the only trim installed are the front door cards, dash, and front seats, however I have retained all the grey interior from my other car so the New owner can reinstall the interior making it a normal road car again.

Good points:

-Non Sunroof Model, extremely rare.

-Original suspension

-15” BBS alloys

-Spoiler motor completely functional.

-All Electrics work

-Good Runner.

-90mm splitter

-Rust free around fuel flap

-Corrado handling is spot on

-Not terribly high mileage.

-Trim retained including headlining.

Bad points

-Extremely tired Paintwork, Drivers side completely matte, and scratched to hell. Passenger side recently compounded to give the paint some shine.

-Rust on passenger door, tiny patches around arch and under rear spoiler.

-Car stood for a number of years so needs all liquids changing.

-Needs a thorough service for the same reason as above.

-Two tyres have punctures.

-Missing fuse box cover is the only bit of trim that is missing.

-No speakers in front door cards.

-No Mot

-No Tax

I hope you can see the same potential in this car as I saw in it when I first saw it. With a thorough service you could have a fully functioning 16v track day car, if you wanted more power the 1.8 20v Turbo go in fairly easily giving you access to seriously big power. Also as most of this car is Golf Mk2 sourced suspension and engine components are very accessible. I have the most recent MOT test fail report so you could see exactly what needs to happen to get it road legal. I honestly think this car is far too good for Breaking.

DSC_4212.jpg

More Pics Here http://s568.photobucket.com/user/jamie_300/library/Corrado

Price £600, near offers accepted, can do offers where you bring your own wheels, or do not want the big box of the interior parts.

Location Bordon, Hampshire

If desired I have access to a car trailer and prepared to drop the car off to you however as this is provided by my father, it will need to be evening or weekend time and I am not prepared to go too far. There will be additional cost for this, and I will have to ask for a deposit.

Thank you for viewing my advert, please feel free to call me on 07803571243, pm me or email [email protected].

Edited by jamie_300