Sign in to follow this  
chuck

The Chuck Mobile

Well,

At last I now have photoshop and a couple of pics to start with.

Car is a freshly resprayed 1990 1.8 16V pretty much standard at the moment except for shaved door handles, which I will explain in detail if anybody wants.

The interior was in a bit rough, but I died the carpets a dark colour, and got the seats done in half leather (only fronts for now) and it really sorted that out, not to mention broke the expanse of grey thats standard.

I bought it really only as a interim car, while I sold my pug and bought a mint G60. But some git trashed the doors, and I had to fix that, so I continued and fixed the rest of it - and I've really enjoyed it so far. Funny how things turn out...

Anyway, wheels are crap to say the least - dunno where they came from, but I have a set of BBS standard G60 wheels on the way.

I also have Eibach springs, Eibach anti-roll bars, and clear side repeaters to go on soon - hopefully over easter. So here's a few pics at a kinda inbetween stage.

Well, here goes - hope this works.

V. clean, mate :) How much did the seats set you back- wouldn't mind having that done to mine- looks excellent 8) The doors are impressive too.

Will look better with the G60 wheels on.

I think they're Montreals (minus centre caps) if I'm not mistaken, but aren't they 14"s (Ah, but it's a 16v - so the brakes will fit).

I heard about some guy who modded his car to have the release button in the door mirror.. so you actually pressed the glass part of the mirror and it popped the door open. A great idea, except you'd get finger prints all over your mirrors!

But please tell.. i'm keen to know how you open the doors! :)

Didn't Chuck talk about it before??

Normally by keyfob - but if that fails there's a button on the parcel shelf.

I like the seats as well.... How much did they set you back?? Might have to look into that one..... :)

Car looks nice mate.

Wheels are Montreals from the early Mk2 Golf 16V.

I had a spare set when I had my Golf 16V....ah memories!!!

15's look better on the Corrados.

Thanks for comments.

Yea, I had those wheels on my scirocco scala - except with centre caps!

Seats were done at same place as respray - cost £280 and that included fixing both drivers side bolsters (is 'bolsters' right? the sticky out bits that rub and wear), and one of the passengers. Just enough leather to give that nice smell - especially on a lovely day like today :) . (might get the head rests done in leather soon too)

Well done Andi - you remembered. Its all connected to a receiver unit in the boot. A two button keyfob on my keyring. One button does drivers door, and the other does the passengers. If that fails, or I leave the keys in the car( :x ), there's a couple of buttons under parcel shelf in the boot.

Only problem was adjusting the door catches so that the door wasn't too tight when shut, cuz then the pressure on the latch was too great for the solenoid to operate.

And if thats not enough, I'm trying to get a response from TVR, who use the same wingmirror with a button on the underside for the same purpose.

:D

Nice one Chuck, the cars looking very well. I see you've removed the side mouldings as well? 8)

Now I've seen your c, I can look out for it on the road. :salute:

No, side mouldings are still there - thought about leaving them off after painting, but its my only car, and may be prone to a few careless parkers. They're not too obvious - probably as its a dark colour.

Thats another thing I like about these cars - you always get a wave or flash of the lights from another one on the road....

At last, Pics of car with new wheels (16" with TOYO 205/45 rubber), and what a difference it makes!!!!

Also new since last piccys,

clear side repeaters

Eibach suspension (and rollbars)

New (well second hand and not broken) front chin spoiler.

And no, i don't have any plans to get rid of the towbar :wink: .

Unfortunately it had just rained again today :( .

Toyos are great, bags of grip. Haven't gotten it to step out yet - even in the wet, then I don't really drive it on the edge all the time.

Does seem to be a soft compound tho - had 'em just over 6 months now and fronts are nearly half down. Even still, I wouldn't replace them with anything else.

Oh yes, and another thing, the rim protectors are huge, really give that square look, and really useful as I park on a kerb too.

Cheers Paul, I ran them on my old car on 17's, they seemed harder wearing compared to other tyres I'd fitted...

Hi Paul,

Car's looking well mate. :D

Those rims really look well. 8) 8)

Do you have a local contact for Toyo tyres?

I paid £65 a corner last year for mine from Central Tyres. :shock:

Cheers

Mike