The Milkman

Burgundy VR6

I still need to finish removing the remains of the sticky crap holding the side trims on :roll:

20130602_153423_zpsbcd434f6.jpg

20130602_155532_zpsd7db3d51.jpg

20130602_155501_zpsb070c057.jpg

Edited by The Milkman

I think that's it upto date now, I've had her for about four months, progress is moderate but as quick as funds allow. (Plus I'm building a golf as well) Spent last weekend putting the headlining back in, gave the inside a proper clean yesterday, binned the Ripspeed mats and put some plain black carpet mats in.

Iv've got a complete set of exhaust rubbers to fit, he old ones are really hanging, they look like a goths earlobe.

I need to get the sunroof motor rebuilt.

I've just pulled out the heater controls and bought a good (hopefully) used unit from on here, shoud be with me in about a week. Need to get some new cables as well.

Period Sony headunit should be with me during the week.

Ordered a rear wiper blank and I'll be removing the rear wiper motor and arm once that arrives.

Need to get some coilovers, probably remove the front lower spoiler as well.

Hopefully she'll be looked at next week to see if someone can get her running properly.

The plan is to get her all good for winter then use her while I take the golf off the road to do a few bits (can't take a cabby off the road now, we've actually got a summer for a change!!)

Edited by The Milkman

I think that's it upto date now, I've had her for about four months, progress is moderate but as quick as funds allow. (Plus I'm building a golf as well) Spent last weekend putting the headlining back in, gave the inside a proper clean yesterday, binned the Ripspeed mats and put some plain black carpet mats in.

Iv've got a complete set of exhaust rubbers to fit, he old ones are really hanging, they look like a goths earlobe.

I need to get the sunroof motor rebuilt.

I've just pulled out the heater controls and bought a good (hopefully) used unit from on here, shoud be with me in about a week. Need to get some new cables as well.

Period Sony headunit should be with me during the week.

Ordered a rear wiper blank and I'll be removing the rear wiper motor and arm once that arrives.

Need to get some coilovers, probably remove the front lower spoiler as well.

Hopefully she'll be looked at next week to see if someone can get her running properly.

The plan is to get her all good for winter then use her while I take the golf off the road to do a few bits (can't take a cabby off the road now, we've actually got a summer for a change!!)

I wouldn't be in a hurry to remove the black chin spoiler - they just look wrong without them! You can get a 50mm spoiler, and a 90mm so if you're concerned about scraping, you could look for a 50mm one?

I wouldn't be in a hurry to remove the black chin spoiler - they just look wrong without them! You can get a 50mm spoiler, and a 90mm so if you're concerned about scraping, you could look for a 50mm one?

I'll wait until I've got the coilovers on and then see how she looks, it just doesn't look like you can get the front very low with that jimmy hill chin on the front

You can get them lower without the spoiler, but kind of pointless as the sump will be dragging along the floor. Being that low would destroy the handling as well.

I remember seeing this for sale when I bought mine but those wheels put me off!

You can get them lower without the spoiler, but kind of pointless as the sump will be dragging along the floor. Being that low would destroy the handling as well.

I remember seeing this for sale when I bought mine but those wheels put me off!

Yeah, the wheels were bad, but I sold them for £100 on eBay

I'm a child, I like pointless lows

My golfs sill, you can't get your foot under it

20130222_073746_zps231d7481.jpg

20130222_073714_zps081ed982.jpg

Great thread. You're dead right with the wipers. Those flat blades don't suit corrados at all.

She's fair low!

Chin Spoiler is also available as a 70mm, which IMO is a good compromise between practicality and looks. A 90mm spoiler really gives the front end the gravity it needs, and the shorter it goes the more Puggish/ upturned the front becomes.

One of the best things I have done on my C is to delete the rear wiper!!

I'll get coilovers sorted before I decide on the chin spoiler. Just got a nice anodised blank to replace the rear wiper. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get that on at the weekend.

There is a CD changer already in the boot and I have another one lurking in the garage. I don't think either were availabe as an option so not sure which one to use yet.

20130811_114921_zpsbe8dd987.jpg

20130811_115034_zps30ec3eac.jpg

Got my stereo lead (eBay again), once I've sorted the heater and put the dash back in I can get the head unit fitted. I have just noticed I've been a bit dense though, this head unit doeasn't have multi-changer control :bonk:

20130812_191045_zps60dd055c.jpg

Had a quick look at the bowden cables on the heater control today. I wasn't looking forward to it but it's not too bad so far.

The cables look like they go down the drivers side

20130813_092937_zpse7252d51.jpg

The tray under the dash came out nice and easy, the fuse box cover was already off, half a dozen screws and the rest came out in one piece

20130813_091735_zps3ead95f7.jpg