Sign in to follow this  
julesz

Press button

Can anyone remember who had the push button start? (or where to get one that wont need relays etc). It was a silver button in cigarette lighter fitment...

I think thats g60jet. I have a Richbrook one, cost £35 and ive mounted it beside my headlight switch. Comes with the relay but is very easy to fit, 3 or 4 wires.

cool...Mike16v, your car seems to be the only other light grey metallic one I have seen :)

I'll need to get some photos up at some point

Are those red and green buttons either side of your coin holder?

What do they do

Looks like keypad (left) and LED (right) for the alarm...

The Red button is infact the LED for the Alarm as Andi said

and the one the other side of the coin holder is one of the Blackjaxx keypads (i swap them from time to time!!

the one the other side of the coin holder is one of the Blackjaxx keypads (i swap them from time to time!!

Card games and driving can be dangerous!!

the one the other side of the coin holder is one of the Blackjaxx keypads (i swap them from time to time!!

*sounds of Tom being bundled into the back of a van, and being driven away to be shot*

My sides! They are splitting!! ;)

*sounds of Tom being bundled into the back of a van, and being driven away to be shot*

My sides! They are splitting!! ;)

:( ...... I chuckled :)

Where did you get that RS component and how much did it cost you?

HAVE A LOOK HERE :wink:

Do a search for: - IP67 Flush Mount Metal Body

C417858-01.jpg

C418180-01.jpg

and you should be able to find these that LOOK close to mine Need to double check on my C later tonight

G60 Jet -

Are those Audi TT pedals?

If so, do all 3 fit easily?

Andy

Yeah they are TT pedels they are simple to fit, but their are LHD and RHD sets, This is becasue on the LHD models the Gas pedel Pad is shorter.

Nigel B

G60Jet - this might be a stupid question but do you have to use your ignition key at all?? - Ie do you have to turn it to the first position and then press the button to start it up (and i take it if this is correct you do not turn the engine off by the button?>

the button replaces the final stage on the key i.e the spring return part you use to get the starter motor to engage. and you turn it off by turning the key off as normal

You can get a Honda S2000 starter button from the main dealer for £58 inc VAT (I think). Don't know how easily you can fit it. Needs slight modification to the cigarette lighter hole.

no offence but if you have no idea how to do it, best get someone to do it for you. it mean rewiring the ignion wiring and adding cables into the car, and maybe a relay depending on the button you use.