VR6Pete

Stainless Steel OE look exhaust.. Anyone interested?

It does! Has it been driven?

The new engine was only started for the first time today, exhaust went on about 4pm so not really much time to mess.

OEM

[ATTACH]79135[/ATTACH]

DubPower

[ATTACH]79136[/ATTACH]

The plan is to ovalise and give it more of a slash cut to give it more of a Corrado look.

Today was getting the pipe that comes out if the backbox to get the tailpipe sitting right, as you can see a standard DubPower is on the left which has quite an aggressive angle when fitted to a Corrado which doesn't look right IMHO.

[ATTACH]79137[/ATTACH]

The new engine was only started for the first time today, exhaust went on about 4pm so not really much time to mess.

OEM

[ATTACH]79135[/ATTACH]

DubPower

[ATTACH]79136[/ATTACH]

The plan is to ovalise and give it more of a slash cut to give it more of a Corrado look.

Today was getting the pipe that comes out if the backbox to get the tailpipe sitting right, as you can see a standard DubPower is on the left which has quite an aggressive angle when fitted to a Corrado which doesn't look right IMHO.

[ATTACH]79137[/ATTACH]

Sorry but this seem's to be getting a little too anal but it's your car mate if you have to get a rather small detail like that to your spec that's totally up to you just think you may be taking it to far ;)

This is the prototype replacement cat back for dubpower James.

I for one am looking forward to the end result and the more input dubpower receive, the better the final product.

I for one am looking forward to the end result and the more input dubpower receive, the better the final product.

I've already got a Dubpower all the way :thumbleft:

Sorry if I don't share your enthusiasm

Exactly.

This isn't just me being anal, I'm trying to help bring a product to market as a cost effective alternative to the standard OEM exhaust.

Exactly.

This isn't just me being anal, I'm trying to help bring a product to market as a cost effective alternative to the standard OEM exhaust.

Right Pete now I get it I was under the impression you were trying to get the dubpower exhaust that is currently available looking more OEM in the way it exit's the rear of the car didn't realise it was a new system/backbox that is made to look like a standard exhaust it's hard to tell from the pic's :thumbleft: The rest of you put your guns away :2gunfire: :cowboy::lol:

Right Pete now I get it I was under the impression you were trying to get the dubpower exhaust that is currently available looking more OEM in the way it exit's the rear of the car didn't realise it was a new system/backbox that is made to look like a standard exhaust it's hard to tell from the pic's :thumbleft: The rest of you put your guns away :2gunfire: :cowboy::lol:

Yeah, I have 2-3 different DubPower back boxes and different style tail pipes so we can build a good prototype that can go into production. Essentially what you see on the car is only tweaked angle of the pipe with a standard tailpipe with the rolled lip cut off, next step is to ovalise and slashcut.

Might even try a smaller diameter pipe, I do have one down there which is almost a perfect copy if OEM but the diameter is smaller than the standard one.

Still very interested. As close to OEM as possible for me as well. Lees angle and a slightly smaller tailpipe and I think its about there.

I'd also like to register my interest. I've been looking at the Jetex resonated system as a replacement for the OEM exhaust on my G60.

As close as OEM as possible for me also.

Got the car back. I have a 2 box system with cat, it's on par sound wise with my standard exhaust, however I can't take it over 3,500 rpm yet so pottering about its quiet. Will be putting decat on tomorrow see how it sounds then.

Not yet mate. Did have a play with it though yesterday fitting my decat.

[ATTACH]79351[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]79352[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]79353[/ATTACH]

Personally it doesn't look too bad, but needs more oval on the tail pipe.

P.s this is just a test unit

So are there plans to make the tail pipe look like the std one and when do you think the system will be available to purchase?

Personally it doesn't look too bad, but needs more oval on the tail pipe.

I would agree, getting there. Good effort.

that looks awesome mate. what is the diameter of the whole pipe? 2.5"?

Yep. The system is a 2.5. Done over 500 miles now and all is good so far. I'll measure the tail pipe, I'm not 100% sure what it is.

So are there plans to make the tail pipe look like the std one and when do you think the system will be available to purchase?

Yes the plan is to make it as "Corrado like" as possible.

No idea I'm afraid as still at product development stage

Would like to hear your thoughts and input with regards to the direction on the design too, guys.

More oval and its almost there. Personally Id still prefer it coming stright out the back rather than at an angle but then I suppose it wouldnt replicate original.