ross k

Urgent help needed broken down 2.0 16v

Hi guys urgent help needed my car has broke down on me in traffic it'stutters and dies then won't start for 5 mins then goes for a while then the same it's only in traffic and is fine other times the fans working and it's not overheating any ideas

Ring the AA?

Sounds daft but if you have no tools, there's probably not a huge amount you can do.

complete stab in the dark here but maybe temp sender related causing over fueling?/flooding when going slow? hence why it wont start after for 5mins, I wonder if un plugging the temp sender might get you out of this temporarily? worth a shot...

was it fine when starting and running from cold? only started happening when up to temp?

It seems to use a whole load of petrol everyone. I'm back on the motorway and traffic is fine, we'll see if it happens again.

Right guys I got to my Travelodge fine with no further problems the car seems fine all the time it's moving and it seems to be caused by the heat effecting something any ideas got really good fuel economy on the journeyso it seems to be running fine

hi guys been thinking about this and i think the problem might be the lift pump as every time it brike down the under car fuel pump was really whining so could a week lift pump cause this or would it cause me problems all the time ?