sancho

holes holes and more holes

Hi all

Does anybody have any experience with repairs to the underside thier corrados? I made pretty unfortunate discovery the other day. Along with some other pretty shoddy repair work I found that this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75567[/ATTACH]

This is the drivers side, the first is the passenger side. Are these common areas for corrosion? has anybody else has to carry out similar work? all advice would be really helpful

Regards Karl

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75567[/ATTACH]

This is the drivers side, the first is the passenger side. Are these common areas for corrosion? has anybody else has to carry out similar work? all advice would be really helpful

Regards Karl

Looks like someone has pushed a jack through the floor. Had this on my Golf MK2. Basically needs a plate welding there to pass the next MOT. Better off getting this done professionally, cost me £95 for both sides on mine.

As Tony said you'll need to get it done to get through MOT as its a structural area. Its very common on all cars of this vintage tbh, again as Tony said its through people jacking the car up around here. Shouldn't cost you too much to get it done properly, although if your confident with a MIG its not particularly difficult to sort yourself.

As said, shouldn't be too bad to get sorted - either diy, or professionally. The only problem will be if it's corroded beyond what you can see, but I think you'll be okay.

Thanks alot all, i just hope is not to far gone as i have/had some very big plans for this car. Your almost defiantly right about the jack as there is evidence along the sill that its been compressed.

My sill is compressed too, but I'm gonna just put plates there and weld them in when I need to, I have no holes on my C at moment (what I could see when I had it jacked up last week). Hope you manage to get it all sorted fella, should be a simple fix

cheers buddy i have a mobile welder coming out to look at it he's spent a few years fixing dubs so i hope its repairable and not terminal