Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

New wheels, brakes and grille (and engine)

288's only just fit under the speedlines (which were £104 off ebay, with tyres!).

I blagged the chrome wheel bolts from tatton park for £20.

53723771.jpg

Looking like a real VR6 now (alhtough a bit high at the front)

53723777.jpg

Front end look much harder with the new grille on too (Can't remember who I bought it off, but cheers for that one, bargain at £60)

53723785.jpg

I'll see how it drives today after finally working out why it wasn't running right (number 6 injector not opening)

Its looking good, glad you've identified your running problem. :)

Looking good Phat. It's amazing that your C was an 8v just a few months ago... couldn't tell now 8)

Yeah those Rieger grille / eyebrow sets do make the Corrado front end a LOT harder looking.. cars looking awesome mate :)

:shock: :shock: that looks like there's less clearance on those brakes than on my 16" Borbet Cs with the brembo kit! :shock:

Looking good though Phat, Glad you got her running properly now... 8)

the chromed speedlines compliment the body colour very nicely matey 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ........looking damn good too 8) 8) 8) 8)

maybe a dumb question, but can you get standard speedlines to have that polished effect?? I'd quite like that look on my car.

They are stripped and polished, just got to keep on top of them and avoid salty roads at all costs. Better to have a spare set.

I paid £104 for those wheels off ebay, with tyres. It'd cost more than that to get them polished!! I might be selling them soon though anyway, just got some ABT 16" rims off ebay for £10.50!

They were done by Rainbow polishers in West Brom apparently.

Also got a 90mm front spoiler on there now too. £75 brand new from GPC, looks loads better.

Yeah, the brakes are a tight fit, the weights have actually knocked one of the bleed nipple covers off! but they are alot better than 280's and much more readily avalabie now that all mk4's have them (note you need ml3 discs if you want to use them, mk4 ones are the wrong offset)

Booked in for bodywork in June now too, to get that scuff on the wing done, the parking dings removed and the arches rolled.

definately nice wheels mate!! you were parked about 2x cars from me at inters on the sunday and sat in ya car. My friends black tigra was parked next to you...but i didn't wanna disturb you sitting there with ya missus it looked like.

Sanjay.