87 Jetta 16v

Koni Suspension - 16v Golf and Possibly 16v Corrado

Hi all,

I have a set of matching koni dampers and springs for a mk2 16v golf. These will also phsically fit a corrado, though they would be more suited to a 16v. Potentially an issue with the rear ride height as pointed out below. All in good working condition. Cosmetically they look a little grubby but they always do. Would make a nice fast road / track setup. I would like £100 for these, collected from Reading.

Thanks for looking,

N.

IMG_0114_zps106ed7a8.jpg

IMG_0115_zps8ac53a7c.jpg

Edited by 87 Jetta 16v

Are these for a Mk2 Golf? I assume so seeing no mk2 Corrado exists. Also if they are golf then the rear springs will mean a Corrado sits high. Despite that I am interested for my Mk2. Are they adjustable as I can't make out the pictures on my phone.

might mean the difference in spec C's, ie the 89-91 and the 92-96 differences... just a guess though as none of the suspension differs

Are these for a Mk2 Golf? I assume so seeing no mk2 Corrado exists. Also if they are golf then the rear springs will mean a Corrado sits high. Despite that I am interested for my Mk2. Are they adjustable as I can't make out the pictures on my phone.

Hi there,

Working from my old and deteriorating memory, I thought that Mk2 golf 16v and 4 stud 16v corrado's ran the same springs / dampers? The koni website is inconclusive as no springs are listed for the corrado, and the only suspension kit is for a VR.

The spring platform is adjustable on the rear shocks, held in place by a circlip by the look of things. The dampers are not adjustable.

Let me know if that helps at all,

Thanks,

Neal.

Hi Neal, I know from experience from swapping a coilover kit from a Mk2 Golf to a Corrado, this made the rear of the corrado sit high. I have done it on both a 16v and a G60 and the same thing occurred.

Let me have a think, is postage an option at all?

Hi Neal, I know from experience from swapping a coilover kit from a Mk2 Golf to a Corrado, this made the rear of the corrado sit high. I have done it on both a 16v and a G60 and the same thing occurred.

Let me have a think, is postage an option at all?

Hello mate,

Thanks for your experience there. Postage would not be a problem if you needed it.

Thanks,

Neal.