Jamie

VWMS VSR Manifold - OBDII Converted?

In my hunt for a Schrick manifold I've actually come across a VSR which has been converted to OBDII. My car is OBDI but the lad selling it has said to convert it back I just need to swap the ISV mount and throttle cable linkage off mine. Does this sound correct?

The bits he has are the manifold, Schrick controller and vacuum pump. Now I know it will need a vacuum tank and I will also need a re-map but are there any other parts that sound like its missing?

The holes where the throttle bolts too are not the same on them, I'm just in the process of having my Schrick engineered to suit my obd1.

Need to see pictures of it but as above, the bolt spacing for OBD2 is different. Hopefully the guy just had an adaptor plate made up, rather than welding an OBD2 flange onto it.

Wesley - is it proving a lot of work to do? What sort of more are you having to carry out?

Kev - I thought that was right and did ask but be said not. Not got pics but I'll ask. Do you know if from what I've said if it sounds complete? Any bits I need to ask if they're there?

*edit* Just spoke to him and he's using an adapter plate :) If I whack the pics up can you still just confirm it for me though please?

Edited by Jamie

Adapator plate - phew! I suspected as much because he suggested refitting the OBD1 ISV and pipes. That wouldn't be possible if the throttle flange was OBD2!

This is the throttle body flange and adapter plate so all looks good to me on that side of things...null_zps38359759.jpg

Oh mate - one of my next questions was going to be "is there any other vacuum units I could rob?" Legend :D

Wesley - is it proving a lot of work to do? What sort of more are you having to carry out?

Kev - I thought that was right and did ask but be said not. Not got pics but I'll ask. Do you know if from what I've said if it sounds complete? Any bits I need to ask if they're there?

*edit* Just spoke to him and he's using an adapter plate :) If I whack the pics up can you still just confirm it for me though please?

It was pretty straight forward to be honest, I just had the old holes alloy welded up and my machine shop re tapped them in the correct place, also had the hole for the isv pipe drilled out. I then knocked the flanged pipe out of my old inlet and knocked it into the new hole in my schrick.