RadoVirgin

VR6 Alternator Pulley Please Help

Hi all, After exchanging my old knackered alternator for a new one it has become apparent that there is a problem. The replacement alternator has a 6 rib pulley when it should have a 7. I went back to the vendor and my old alternator has already been sent back for refurb so I am in need of a 7 rib pulley. If you have I would like to purchase it.

Many Thanks

Ah it was probably you I saw the other week near Whitely shopping centre then!

Missus was driving so couldnt catch up and give u a wave. :rolleyes:

Hi all, After exchanging my old knackered alternator for a new one it has become apparent that there is a problem. The replacement alternator has a 6 rib pulley when it should have a 7. I went back to the vendor and my old alternator has already been sent back for refurb so I am in need of a 7 rib pulley. If you have I would like to purchase it.

Many Thanks

Ah it was probably you I saw the other week near Whitely shopping centre then!

Missus was driving so couldnt catch up and give u a wave. :rolleyes:

Sorry, it wasn't me mate, my car has been off of the road for the last 18 months

I'm in the same boat, part is on back order with VW currently.

Ian.

I am now also awaiting one to be sent from germany to my local vw dealership. ETA 2 weeks but not too bad at £20.10

I've got 3 of them, but can't get any one of them off an alternator, tried for someone in the past that wanted one. Bought an electric torque wrench gun and still can't get it off.

I want to separate them as i want an alternator rebuilt. Might try and get to the alternator place on wednesday, see if they can get them off.

I've got 3 of them, but can't get any one of them off an alternator, tried for someone in the past that wanted one. Bought an electric torque wrench gun and still can't get it off.

I want to separate them as i want an alternator rebuilt. Might try and get to the alternator place on wednesday, see if they can get them off.

Ok mate, let me know how you get on because all that I need is a pulley.

I now need this again as the stealers have waited until now to inform me that this part is obselete. HELP

I know, I got the last one I believe - I should have a spare though in a week or two, if you can wait a bit?

Ian.

Im sure I have one. Will be going to unit tomorrow all being well so will grab it for you

That would be amazing, let me know what you want for it

Ok. Its collected and packaged up for you. Pm me your address and it's yours. Postage will less than a fiver so if you donate a fiver to your favourite charity ill send it asap. Cheers