Jamie

How to tell if my VSR is working...?

Fitted my VSR this afternoon but due to the tool who was "refurbing" my wheels screwing them up I'm unable to to take the car for a spin to see what it's like. Is it possible to tell its working with the car sat still? The green light on the controller is on, turns red at 4000 rpm and the solenoid clicks. Should there be any change in engine note or anything or is the only way to really tell to drive it?

while the plastick cover Dohc vr6 is on, U cant see if the flap is open or close

try to take that plastick out, you may see it than

it is not a big job,

Its easy to tell under load I know that. All the signs you have are good!

Nice one :) Just really impatient to drive it now. Been without wheels for nearly 2 months now but should have them back and built by next weekend. Can't wait...

Not sure how easy it is to see on the VSR but certainly on the Schrick you can watch the vacuum actuator pull the lever on the outside of the manifold open at 4000 revs. Not definitive proof of course unless you had a bit of fun moving the leaver back and forth and watching the flap open and close before you put it on the Car! (My manifold came with the two halves separated to save space). If the lever moves the flap and the actuator pulls the leaver - it's definitely working!

Totally forgot about this but I took Tomis advice and removed the plastic cam cover. Although it's not easy to do single handed, if you shine a torch down there you can just about see the lever move.

The car is back on the road now and even with the standard ECU you can tell it is most definitely working :D