Sign in to follow this  
B4LJX

seat leon cupra r brembo's

I've heard of this being done. is it worth doin? Is it a direct replacement is there modifications involved how straight forward of a mod is it to do. And wot is a resonable amount to pay for the set up. If n e one can shed some light on this it would be good

thanks

balj

Seat Brembo brakes on a Corrado? nah, can't be done... ;) :lol:

Check out THIS thread for a possible group buy...

I got my kit from Bill at Badger5 and Bill's been nothing but helpful ever since I got them... 8) Thoroughly recommended... 8)

You've got to be VERY careful with which wheels you want to fit over them though... my 16" borbet Cs only fit with a 10mm spacer, and then they are CLOSE :|

It is a SERIOUSLY good brake mod, and will scare the pants off you how quickly you can stop when you hit the brakes once they are bedded in... 8)

Ah, I just noticed something that you may want to check as well... the Brembos which fit a G60 Corrado are Seat Ibiza Cupra sport ones.... The Leon kit is bigger still! :shock:

The Ibiza kit uses 305x28mm disks with the 4 pot calipers and are 4 stud so will go onto any of the 4cylinder Corrados... The Leon (IIRC) uses 330x28mm disks with the same calipers, but are 5 stud, so are great for anyone with a VR6 and a friendly bank manager, as they are lots more expensive than the 4stud 305mm kit... :|

Henry, has the Leon's Brembo idea been tried yet, on a VR6!?!

AP racings kit is list price over £1.5K, so maybe it's worth considering.

Things to consider could be the pcd, and the offset of wheel that would need to be used? Anyone know? My wheels are 17"s with a 35mm offset.

Danny.

*cough* it's HenNy *cough*

Dunno if anyone's fitted the Leon brembo kit yet... I've got a G60 and have never had a VR so I don't know too much about them... :? I do know that the Leon's are 5x100 pcd, and are a similar design and I'm pretty sure that Bill at Badger5 sells the kit

The important measurement of the wheel isn't just the offset (although this is important! ;) ) it's the clearance on the spokes by the rim... IE, if they fold back into the rim, they may not clear the caliper.... :|

Thw Leon kit has been fitted to a VR6, but you need spacers between the caliper carriers and the front uprights.

AMD will charge you £30 for a set of the spacers (which also work with the 312mm VAG items...)

been to the motorshow trade day today...

The NEW Seat Ibiza Cupra sport has 5x100 16" rims on it with Seat badged 4pot calipers on it now! ;) 8)

This may well be the answer that all of you VR6 guys have been waiting for.... 8)

EXCLUSIVE!!!

Photo of the NEW Seat Ibiza Cupra Sport's front brakes and wheel...

Notice, 16" rims and 5 stud fitment with 4 pot calipers...

Who's gonna be first to see if they can get hold of these and if they'll fit a VR6 Corrado?!? 8) 8) 8)

Well Godamn - it took me a couple of months to figure out how to get the 305mm kit onto 5 stud!

Has this model actually been released yet?? Need to go and speak to my friendly seat dealer

nope, just what I saw at the motorshow... I have heard a rumour today that someone's already tried and tested this on a VR6 though, but I'm yet to verify this... 8)

I have no idea if this car is available yet... the rather attractive young lady on the stand who I was talking to about the car didn't know too much about it, but was nice to talk to anyway.... ;) :lol:

If you here any more, can you post it up please - it would be so much easier to use this lot than modifying the 4 stud 305mm kit like I already have done

will do... 8) Keep an eye out for a kit from JMRacing as that's where I heard the rumour from... ;) :lol: 8)

JMRacing = 16VG60 from this forum.... He's responsible for far too many of the mods on my motor, and is a damned good guy to deal with... ;) :lol:

What's the point when you can get used Porsche Boxster S Brembo calipers for about £250? use the SEAT carriers (about £15 each) and discs( about £50 each), bingo.

Look in this months PVW at the red Vento, I sorted those out for him. you can even see my badly head on page 3 too! :mrgreen:

Phat VR6:

can you tell any more about the seat carriers? whed i did the conversion on my audi, I heard rumours about thesse parts & so called my seat dealer. The only caliper mounting brackets they could find were getting on for £100 each!

any part numbers? or better - any pics?

In the end i went for genuine RS2 brackets but these were still ~ £60 each (massively discounted)

Gareth is indeed 4x100. seat ibiza 305x25mm discs, seat carrierews cmachined down 4mm, boxster s calipers and bolts and pads.

I'll get some pics and part number up when my new set arrives. I'm trying to work out fitting issues of both front and rear boxster and boxster S calipers to cover all options.

rs2 brackets are minging, they are cast, the seat ones are cnc machined all over.