Sign in to follow this  
brian g60 corrado

electric windows stopped working

other day got in my car as soon as i turned on the ignition the passsenger window went down on its own ,and now both elec windows have stopped working.yes it has an alarm that closes windows when you hold down the remote,could this be the problem.

also has anyone else had this problem before ,hope its not expencive.

i dont know what it is with these cars,as other people say you fix one thing then somthing else goes wrong. could it be a relay and witch one is for eleci windows. :roll:

any pointers would be great.

cheers.

brian

there is a control unit in behind the right hand side rear quarter trim beside the right rear passenger seat,

open the drivers door right open and try the switch, the widows should still go up and down, if they do, put the car in reverse with the ignition on and see if the reversing lights are lit, if they arent, one of the fuses has blown (think its no 14 or 15, cant remember off hand) mine has been doing this for a while blowing the fuses occasionally, think it could be a fault with the reverse light switch on the gearbox,

the reversing lights, elec windows and elec mirrors are all controlled off of the same fuse, hope this helps, there are a few threads on here on elec windows so may be worth you doing a search,,,,

Could also be the fuse which is ontop of the main fusebox in it's own little holder. Easy to miss it so keep your eyes open for it.

:D :D thanks all got them working again was a bad connection at the control box ,as i removed connecter blocks to clean them ,when refitting i heared the relay click and they started working , so unless there is a sticky relay its now o.k.

out of interest does anyone know how much the control boxes are to buy .

cheers brian :D