fla

recovering NiMH batteries for R/C buggy

I've got a set of matched NiMH batteries for my buggy (3000mAH) but they don't appear to accept charge very well. Strange thing though is once they've been given a slow charge, connect them to the car, put the speed controller to full and then turn one of the wheels to help it start and the speed gradually builds up to full over about 3 minutes (car off the ground). It will then run for about 30 mins at full speed but will not then accept a fast charge.

Any way to condition the battery or is it dead? I left them uncharged for about 2 years prior to this so perhaps this is a problem?

Think it kills them, i usually end up buying new ones every time i suddenly decide to dig an rc toy out.

Got some working ones i was about to list on ebay if you're after any,a 3700 and a 4600, were for 1/5 scale stuff, dunno if that makes a a difference

ok thanks Jim. What size are they? I saw a set of 3700 in AA size which I thought was pretty good, as I was expecting the usual sub-c size. Was thinking of making a set of 8.4 or 9.6V for the car (Schumacher Procat btw).

How many have you got and how much would you want?