Sign in to follow this  
tman2714

1.8 16v Exhaust Manifold

Hello!

I'm getting some head work done and new cams on my 1.8 16v. The exhaust also needs replacing as it's cracked from the centre pipe to the back box. While I'm having this work done I thought I might as well upgrade the exhaust manifold too.

After looking through here I see that Supersprint and Milltek see to be some of the favourites. Only problem is neither do a full system. Apparently this TSR/Milltek manifold will fit the Corrado ( http://www.tsr-performance.com/webshop/exhaust-manifolds/4-1-exhaust-manifolds-naturally-aspirated/tsr-mk2-golf-16v-4-branch-stainless-manifold-all-16v-models-not-syncro-85-91-tsrgolf2mani16v-4-branch-manifold-16v-kr-engine/ ). Does anyone have any experience of this? Will it fit.

If it does fit the plan is to use Supersprint for the rest of the system. Ideally I'd like to use one manufacturer for the whole lot but that doesn't seem possible. Would I be better off getting a whole custom job?

As usual; any advice experience would be greatly appreciated.

T