jayjay73

Newbie in Doncaster

Hi folks. Thought I'd join the forum to see what's going on in the Corrado scene in the Republic of South Yorkshire...! Bought a standard 94M plate VR6 in storm grey with 90k on the clock this summer after deciding to take the plunge back into VW ownership after a break of about 15 years. In the 90s I have owned a Mk2 Scirocco Scala, a Mk1 Scirocco Storm and a Mk3 Golf Gti 16v but always hankered after a Corrado VR6.

Bought the car mainly as a weekend toy and haven't regretted it so far. The kids in particular love the car and the pop-up spoiler is a favourite. I think the performance/ soubd of the VR6 is fantastic and always brings a smile to my face (as well as a few 'man' stares).

The car is in pretty good nick - no rust to speak of - and has a couple of small(ish) things to sort out - passenger window sticks half way down and the air vent control unit needs attention, plus the speedlines could do with a refurb in the spring. Other than that it goes like a beast.

Would be pleased to hear from like-minded people in the area to chew the fat and meet up when the weather gets better.

DSC_0545_01_zpsb3f12d7a.jpg[/url]

Cheers.

Jay

You are obviously a man of taste. Driving a Corrado and living in Yorkshire, fine choices!

As Darren says there are loads of us up here mate. So just shout if you need owt and welcome along.

You are obviously a man of taste. Driving a Corrado and living in Yorkshire, fine choices!

That is quite right....Hello & welcome to you Jay, i'm not far away from thee just down the road from you in Rotherham.

Evening gents. Thanks for the welcome. Yes I did buy it from a photographer in Sheffield. You don't see that many Rados on the roads so good to hear there are people in the vicinity. Used to work in Sunny Rotherham btw. Cheers.