sheppeydave

Corrado 16v wur mod??

Has anyone had any experience of adjusting the warm up reg on a 16v corrado I have a corrado with a 2ltr block with a 1.8 head and a audi 80 wur would I get much more power from adjusting the wur???

I've adjusted the war before. What management is on the engine, the 1.8 or 2ltr?

you need some fuel pressure gauges , hook em up and the drill the anti tamper cover on the rear of the wur and this ajusts the pressure

from memory the book quotes pressure should be between x and y , you ajust it to the richest end of whats acceptable , i can look it up sometime if you want to try it

take a note of the orig pressure reading so you can convert back to how it was

Will this give me more power it is getting rolling road tested on Monday it's got a tsr flowed head on it as well it's pretty quick anyway but like any old car you have to rev the **** out of it to get the maximum out of it??

the reason for this mod is the 1.8 valver ran lean at high revs, so theory is you get a slightly richer mixture at top end by adjusting the control pressure to the metering head, don't expect night and day performance difference.

first you need to be able to identify system and control pressures, so as steve says above you need pressure dial/ pipe/ fittings. the system pressure needs to be set at 72psi. standard WUR pressure ranges from 49 to 55psi depending on engine temp. I set mine at 48psi, again as steve says above.

bear in mind you need the engine to be at full temp, so the bimetallic strip in the WUR is at maximum bend and is metering the supply at full engine temp.

at the same time you should check your c02 and timing advance (6/7 degs recommended).

Well worth getting set up right though, mine went from 165 to 175bhp when wur and ignition advance set up on stealths rolling road

Will this give me more power it is getting rolling road tested on Monday it's got a tsr flowed head on it as well it's pretty quick anyway but like any old car you have to rev the **** out of it to get the maximum out of it??

it might ..like i said its re setting it be the rich side of the factory allowance , so some cars might already be there , others might be at the weak side of things

i stood and watched stealth do it and its exactly what he did , then re set the idel c/o and take a power run on the rolling road , no witch craft magic as some like to suggest

you can tinker with the timing and try 8-9 degrees if you know how to listen for pinking

No it's not witch craft, but if your doing it yourself you need to understand how mechanical injection works.

I've just had my car rolling road tested and it's putting out 164.5 bhp at the wheels at 6000rpm with the fuel pressure way too high so I'm going to get the wur done then should be high 170s:-)

Has been rolling road tested and putting out 164.5bhp at the wheels and that's with the fuelling way out the fuel pressure is way too high so it's running lean all through the rev range so wur mod and should hopefully get high 170s:-)