delfinis38

OEM stereo plugs

I'm looking to repair the two butchered electrical plugs that my stereo plugs into, it's for the speakers and main power supply. I could put a new loom in but if I could buy an identical plug cheap from say maplins and the connectors that I could crimp onto the wire it would be easier.... has anyone done it and can supply a link. I guess I want the opposites male / female plug to go on a standard ISO stereo loom supplied with a stereo.

You can get standard ISO wiring plugs from Halfords and probably Maplins although the wire colours will not match the OEM VW wiring. If you do a search on Google for OEM VW radio loom wiring colours you will find sites which provide the information you need to make sure you connect the plugs up correctly. The male plugs go on the car loom and the female plugs should be on the head unit loom or the head unit itself. I've done it many times but I'd solder and heat shrink wrap the joints if you can get access ........ much better job. You'll get the heat shrink tubing in Maplins too.

Edited by leon263