daniboy1_2_3

VR6 coilpack

Hi there im just about to replace my second coilpack on my corrado vr6. This one was second hand and a beru one I think so ive probably been lucky its lasted this long. Ive tried vw and they cant get them anymore. The next place I tried can get hold of an NGK for £180 or a motoquip for £130. What have other people used and how are they lasting?. Are there any to avoid?

Is this a common problem for the coilpacks to go?

I just replaced mine on my 94 VR, seems they are slightly prone to going, though mine had 150 ish k before going so not too bad

I got mine from EuroCarParts, quite well known motor factor, their part numbers for coilpacks are 413440250 or 413440251

The first number is Bremi, (http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/413440250/p/home) which is a pretty good manufacturer, working well for me, the other one is a budget brand but not sure what that would be.

You can order online and collect in store, there's usually some discount codes flying around to save you 10-15% at the checkout