macvwnut

Elsecar mega meet + uk rallye golf show 2014

Excellent. Have to say it really stood out for me - a motorsport style Corrado just looked fantastic and it really worked in white. Rolling shot is excellent too!

Just a big Thank you to Ray and his son for using the VAG COM helped me find a rear ABS Fault

Your very welcome any time. Was nice to meet you and see your car.&(So Low)....:suprised:

Your very welcome any time. Was nice to meet you and see your car.&(So Low)....:suprised:

lows the way to go Ray

Really good to meet you is good to put my own unique stamp on a Corrado will update build thread today at some point

Hope to get to annual meet and see you again

While the whit one isn't my cup of tea i think it looks great, such a different look..

Lets be honest, and maybe this fuels the Corrados non popularity amongst the VW Community, we all (with a couple of exceptions) stick to a very similar formula.. Its been a while since the "rule book" went out the window..

I have seen some of this valver on edition but i it would be nice to see a thread on here...

While the whit one isn't my cup of tea i think it looks great, such a different look..

Lets be honest, and maybe this fuels the Corrados non popularity amongst the VW Community, we all (with a couple of exceptions) stick to a very similar formula.. Its been a while since the "rule book" went out the window..

I have seen some of this valver on edition but i it would be nice to see a thread on here...

Two phrases; 'Don't try and fix it if it's not broken', and 'you can't improve on perfection!'

Ok we've all made a few mods, but I think the reason most prefer the relatively standard look, is that it really doesn't need changing. Personally I'm glad there aren't more daft bolt on body mods and garish paint jobs. That coupled with 18" bling rims and air ride, really doesn't do it for me. If the rest of the VW community want to do it, more fool them.

Again that white one looks good and is different, but that seems more the owners vision for the car, not following like sheep that a lot of other VW owners seem to be within the "scene".

Agreed in some ways.. I certainly don't mean do something outrageous to the Corrado just to make it different for different sake.

Good example, the Golf Rallye, in standard form, sublime.. At Elsecar there were 20, some standard, some OEM + (so BBS and a drop), some motorsport themed and some full on custom work with non original colours.. I didn't think a single one looked out of place and they all complimented each other so well..

Understood, fair enough. I think with the Rallye they're out of reach for the vast majority of those with I'll judgement, and being so rare, there's a stigma attached to messing with them too much unless it's of the highest standard. They seem to stay in tight circles now too so only pass from one enthusiast to another that have been around the various forums for a while.