4051jon

1.8 16v corrado starting problem

Hi guys, I am looking for some advice regarding my not so healthy corrado.

Up till a week ago the car was running fine but when i put some fuel in as the car was running on empty, it started running ropey almost like a misfire. I had a roadside recovery man turn up to help and he took off the distributor cap and found that needed replacing along with the rotar arm. I changed both but now the car won't start. Im hoping i have put the leads onto the right sections as i feel i have made a mistake.

Can someone tell the firing sequence so i know where each lead goes on the distributor cap and could the fuel filter be a problem.

Thanks Guys.

When I was fiddling with the dizzy while trying to fix something here's what I scribbled down on my phone; taking cylinder 1 to be the leftmost (viewed from the front) and the positions on the dizzy as viewed from the side (i.e. the top of the cap):

1 goes to top left

2 goes to top right

3 goes to bottom left

4 goes to bottom rear

I've also got a pic which happens to show the arrangement here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12605238/Photo%2020-06-2013%2015%2008%2042.jpg

Hope that helps!

Hi James,

Thanks for replying back to me. I will use the information you have given and hopefully that might be the answer.

Don't mind me asking what model was your Corrado?