_Meth

inner cv joint help please!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76863[/ATTACH]

So I am currently replacing my inner cv joint after it detonated last week... All was going well until I went to refit the hub... As you can see the driveshaft now sits about an inch too far forward and wont move enough to allow the hub to fit in place... What have I done wrong?? Im quite confused right now as its all bolted up right, cv joint on with the recess for the c clip at the very end... Any help greatly appreciated as car stuck on driveway :(

have you disconnected the ball joint? when i replaced mine i used a crow bar levered it off to give me space to manouver the splines back in place/.

Its allright now.

Lesson #1 - If you think its not right, it probably isnt.

Lesson #2 - If you think the guy at Euro Car Parts is a twat - he probably is.

They say a job is much easier with the correct tool - well its even easier with the correct part!

Now the heartache continues as the outer cv joint is fubar too as a result of the destruction. Fantastic. If I hadnt wasted over an hour at ECP I would have discovered this much sooner and been able to fix it before the dark rolls in and the rain hits tomorrow. Hazar.

I was going to say - are you sure he's supplied you with the correct CV joint? I did one of mine on the VR last year and was thinking that the main er 'shaft' out of the cv joint looks too long?