7onny

Recommend me a battery.

Alright folks.

My g60's battery is way past it's best (Infact it's been on charge for 3 days and counting).

So it's time to splash some cash. Iv heard good and bad things about the yellow top optima ( I think that's what there called) I just want something that's maintenance free, and will be powerful enough to fire the car after it's been laid up. I have the pleasure of a second car so the corrado only gets driven about twice a week, and at the moment it only does a few miles to blow the cobwebs off.

I'm not sure if I need something with a high cca (cold cranking amps?).

Cheers.

batterymegastore.co.uk I got an Optima redtop for mine massive cca a beast of a battery mate and these do a good price on them.

Is that on a g60 buddy, it seems because of the boost pipes I can't get something too large as it'll get in the way.

batterymegastore.co.uk I got an Optima redtop for mine massive cca a beast of a battery mate and these do a good price on them.

I,ve got a Bosch s4 from euro parts good price too at moment.... Also look at carparts4less same company.

No mate mine's an R32 have a look in my member's thread I got a yellow top for mine but the terminal's were on the wrong side of the batery (width way's) so had to get a Redtop you will have to do a little homework and see what fit's.

I pretty much always buy Bosch Silvers - always last really well :) Usually get a good price on them at Costco if you happen to be a member.

No mate mine's an R32 have a look in my member's thread I got a yellow top for mine but the terminal's were on the wrong side of the batery (width way's) so had to get a Redtop you will have to do a little homework and see what fit's.

Yeah I'll have to have measure up at the weekend because it It is pretty tight.

I pretty much always buy Bosch Silvers - always last really well :) Usually get a good price on them at Costco if you happen to be a member.

Good batteries these nothing wrong with them the reason I got an Optima is due to the fact my car run's standalone management which mean's you are not on the quickstart system that the R32 use's to start which mean's when turning car over to start the DTA will make all it's calculation's regarding parameter's etc regarding all the engine's it is made to run on and when it is happy it tell's the engine "ok fire up now" which can make it sound like you have an old battered engine cranking over a few time's before firing up but it is for a reason.

Worth knowing jim, cheers