VR-Sixy

Any Other Daily Users.......

Slippery slope having to replace the corrado as a daily. Been using mine since 2009 as a daily and redid engine last year, got paint and exterior up to scratch and then a few months back decided that another summer without Aircon was not possible. So started looking around for a replacement.... Audi a5, golf 6, polo....... All of them depreciate big time, and have little personality when placed next to corrado. So I end up buying another 21 year old.... And corrado stays as daily....almost like the corrado holds one hostage!!!! Am loving her even more now with new arrival...!??

I know what you mean Jim. Have you got to 192k miles without doing the timing chains? I've had all the main engine work done plus 263 cams and a re-map. I've thought of the Corrado as depreciation proof in the 5 years I've owned it and if I can spend less than £3k per year on upkeep then this offsets a typical depreciation loss I get on my my regular car, albeit depreciation is a hidden cost which only bites you at time of trade-in:(

Sadly not - the timing chains were done, I believe, approximately 5 years (?) ago and no more than about 50,000 miles - but Stealth are certain that it's the bottom tensioner making a lot of racket, after a bit of poking and prodding and I always trust their judgement on these things. They said that they've seen tensioners start to fail after shockingly small amounts of miles on some cars too (even less than the mileage I've done).

Well I think I found the cause of my steaming up issue. Passenger side front footwell is wet! I had the door card off and checked that the membrane is in great shape the whole way round so that's not to blame, but then had a poke around under the scuttle cover and there were quite a lot of leaves and general debris round there. Think I might get that cover off and replace the gasket to see if it improves things.

Hi, been daily driving 50 miles per day for 3 weeks since starting back at work (and the Corrado being back on the road). I bought 2 of those big silica bags from ebay, and misting problems have been minimal.

The passenger footwell did collect a load of water the other day, but the door seal is torn at the bottom and I don't think the door fit is perfect after I had a fight with a bus (and lost) which pushed the rear panel in slightly. We've had massive amounts of water on the roads here (Berkshire/Hampshire), so I think it's a rare occurrence. I've been more careful about driving through deeper ones and haven't had a repeat. Spent some of Saturday cleaning around and under the scuttle so it's leaf-free.

Got to say it's been great so far, a few things on the todo list but generally it's a pleasure.

My first corrado vr6 was a daily for 5 years, but the one I have now is a weekend car but I'll be taking her tomorrow for a treat, can't wait!:-)

Mines a daily, and I've got the usual fogging up, battery draining, electrical system gradually failing issues (sunroof died, spoiler is an occasional thought, lights are fine 29 days of the month and then do not work in the dead of night in the middle of the countryside etc).

It's currently in with JMR for some major work and I just had a long email from John covering all the bits I didn't know about. Should be a new car when I get it back.

It's much easier now we've (hopefully) seen the back of winter. The Corrado *can* make a good winter daily, but it's a bit of a slog when you're driving along with the windows steamed up, the brakes whining and the suspension creaking, and occasional misfires/cutting out to the sheer amount of water on the road getting into the engine bay.

Then on a nice sunny day, the first day that you can drive on a dry road with the sunroof open, the car transforms and you realise why you fell in love with it in the first place.

Mine was a daily driver doing 38 miles a day for a few years. Got so hacked off with the salt eating it. Had a hole in the drivers door and had to replace it. She's still snoozing but come March, she'll be in the air again. Can't wait!