mr. white

advice on buying a g60

hiya to all, il be going to view a corrado g60 on friday and would like to know a good few tips on what to check for.

to be honest my main concern is the engine im not to pushed when it comes to suspension and brakes as il be doing this to any car anyways. il be bringing a compression tester to do the cylinders ,so il have the engine kinda covered but as for the charger, i know about taking of the feed pipes going to the charger to check for excess oil but is there anything else sum1 could add to better the chances of me buying a lovely rado lol much apprectiated thanks

Hi

Just noticed your post and as a G60 owner I will try to give you some pointers.

Check service history on oil change etc. G60's like regular oil changes 6k. Check condition of oil filter and spark plugs under bonnet. Always good to see a Vw or Oem oil filter and bosch spark plugs(W6DP0 platinum expensive £30+ set of 4) Also standard air filter box with Vw Oem paper filter works best.

Check for history of work on the supercharger(overhaul etc). Bear in mind the G60 supercharger has a rubber toothed belt driven counterbalance weight. These belts made by gates are Only cheap to buy but a bit of a pain to change(charger out)so they get overlooked. And when they snap the charger will self destruct.

Usual checks on corrados' apply, both sills, look up under drivers rear wheel arch(rust trap behind fuel filler) double check inside car pull back carpet in boot, when in boot also check for original Vw sticker inside rear valance, And make sure everything works. Sunroofs are prone to failure, And also with all the rain lately check floor carpets for wetness.

Happy hunting

Steve