ray_vr6

New Discs & Pads (Brembo) Fitted - Now New Calipers?

Hi

Just fitted new Brembo discs and pads up front on my 1990 16v (£56 delivered from Aceparts on ebay - great service)but concerned now that my front right caliper is a problem as the pads there were down to the metal while the NS still had a good bit of life left. Also there was excessive heat in evidence after general use. I am hoping that after removing and greasing up the slider pins the problem may go away. Just in case it doesn't anyone got any recomendations on replacement caliper - this looks a good buy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190971346761?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Any thoughts much appreciated

Ray, the only advice I will offer is if you are going to replace the front caliper, then do BOTH sides at the same time. Otherwise you have a high risk of your left and right braking being unbalanced.

Yep - I would indeed replace both if it turns out that the OS one is seizing.

new ones from VW and vwspares are obsolete..... I bought a set of remanufactured ones from eurocar parts on an exchange basis.... your ebay ones look like they are remanufactured.