Richarddarrenb

94 Satin Silver Rado VR6

Hi all, new to the forum and Corrado ownership so thought I'd post some pics up of my Corrado VR6.

So a bit of background - I've always owned Mk2s since passing my test many years ago, lost count of the amount I've had over the years, most noteworthy was my factory 5 door alpine white G60 tuned to 240bhp, after owning that nothing else seemed to come close so figured I was done with MK2s for a bit, which brings me nicely onto this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77954[/ATTACH]

94 VR6 with 126k on the clock, bog standard long MOT and plenty of history. Bought it blind on Ebay for a good price, above is how it arrived at my house on a recovery truck on a wet January afternoon. A few more pics as I received it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77955[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77956[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77959[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77957[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77960[/ATTACH]

Drove it straight to my unit where I started stripping the front end to replace a faulty alternator, at that point I started to uncover some issues (previous bodged accident repair) as some chump had welded the slam panel to the wing on the passenger side, and the headlamp was bolted to the slam panel using a couple of homemade brackets and self tappers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77958[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77961[/ATTACH]

Stripped the passenger side off and cut the slam panel off, and found the inner wing rippled and rusty, battery tray was straight but again starting to go, luckily chassis leg was untouched so looks like a low speed bump at some point in it's life rather than a full on shunt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77962[/ATTACH]

Bought a few bits off a breaker including pretty much a complete chassis leg with inner wing and battery tray, then started drilling the spotwelds out and cutting the inner wing to accept a new panel, after a few nights graft it's just about ready for a new panel:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77963[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77964[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77965[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77966[/ATTACH]

So inbetween cutting my new car to bits, I fitted coilovers and a set of 288mm front brakes off a 97 MK3 VR6 I had knocking about.

I also Lamin X'd my scruffy front indicators:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77968[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77969[/ATTACH]

And got hold of a US spec rear tub:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77967[/ATTACH]

So that's where I am up to now - gonna be welding in the new piece in the next week or two, dropping the Speedlines off for powdercoating, and putting it back together so it can see the road again!

I'll keep the updates coming if people are interested, comments welcome!

Battery tray welded in place, need to grind back welds then seam seal and paint:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78127[/ATTACH]

US rear tub:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78128[/ATTACH]

And some new wheels - 8 x 16" D90s refurbed in Candy White:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78129[/ATTACH]