_Meth

1989 G Plate 1.8 16v Corrado :(

Year: 1989

Spec: 1.8 16v

Mileage: 150k

Tax: Just taxed it last week for 6 months

MOT: July 2014

Located in Peterborough, Cambs.

Very very reluctant sale but needs must. I bought her exactly 5 years ago this week on 100,000 miles, give or take. She has been my daily driver now for all 5 years and has had a lot of work done to her over that period. I am moving house and need to clear some space up so the car has to go. It has always been my intention to get her ready for painting but have never got round to it, I spent my spare cash on the mechanicals instead, as I felt this was more important to me personally as a daily driver. So below is a list of what I can remember in the last 2 years;

Reconditioned Head - Stripped fully, cleaned, polished and ported with new seals @ 140,000 miles.

New Cambelt fitted at same time.

New Water Pump and thermostat.

Water pump belt modification so it does not run the idler pulley any more as they are not available.

New Distributor and cap

New Plugs

New Air filter

Oil & Filter change less than 5,000 miles ago.

Brand new discs & pads for last MOT (Front and Rear)

MK4 Golf Rear Callipers

288 Front Callipers

Coilovers

New top mounts

New front wishbones with powerflex bushes

New ARB Drop links

New Tie Rod ends

Full set of new brake lines fitted

Goodridge braided lines fitted to MK4 Rear callipers

New Inner and Outer CV Joints fitted both sides

New Radiator and Fan

New Starter motor

New Battery (2 months ago)

Rota Cup Alloy's (4 fitted to car, will need refurbing really as a bit dirty...) including 1 immaculately refurbed spare wheel with no tyre.

Passat Moonroof

Audi TT pedals

Audi gear knob and surround

Sendai USB stereo with fusion door speakers, tweeters, fli amp and sub in boot - cant be bothered with the hassle of removing it all!

Inpro Red / Crystal rear lights

Inpro Halo Front lights

Badgeless front grille

Corrado Script floormats front and rear

Im sure there is more, I just cannot think at the moment...

So as you can see, I have spent a lot of time / money maintaining this car mechanically, I have tried to keep the paintwork in as good a condition as possible throughout my ownership - but being a daily driver it has suffered a little.

Important things to note;

It has your standard Corrado features such as, interior rattles, poor wipers (although these would be made 100 times better with just a new set of blades, which I may end up fitting just out of the goodness of my heart), the sunroof only tilts - no slidey, there is a little knock on full lock of the steering occasionally. I think thats about it, oh there are little bits of random Camouflage dotted around the car, including the headlining :)

It is a very honest car, and I am as honest as I can be with all of it. I genuinely do not want to sell, but I think it is about time that I let someone else have a chance to put their mark on her and treat her with the love I will not be able to give in the near future.

I also have a garage full of spare bits I have aquired which will go with the car at the asking price:

Set of front discs and pads (may even include rears, I cannot remember)

Full set of roofbars (used once)

Spare brand new starter motor

Spare dragon green rear bumper (if wanted)

Original rear lights

Loads of other bits too that I cannot remember right now.

I am looking for £900 ONO with all the bits listed above too, plus anything else I find in the garage for it. I could make a lot more from selling the spares individually, removing the wheels and putting steel ones on for the sale etc, but to be honest its not about making money from this sale - its about moving it on to the right home. I dont want to drag this out any longer than I have to.

On with the photo's!

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg