Stone0311

G60 chip

Can anybody confirm if this is an aftermarket chip?

If so haven't got any experience of these - can they be re-mapped? Not sure exactly how my engine was set up before i bought it - Would it need to be?

Cheers

Don't know what chip it is, but its just a EEPROM so it can be re-programmed if needed and you have hardware to write to it.

I don't think the chip you have is a stock chip, as I would have though that have some kind of marking on it.

If you are having running problems, you might be listing what mods you have on the car. So that some of the experts can try and help you out. Before you just go out and get a new chip or the current one re programmed.

Certainly not a standard chip, can't really see who's it is as most reputable ones are marked or left blank with a tag in the map software.

They can be re-written. The little 'window' is a UV spot to allow those to be 'opened' for re-mapping :)

Cheers guys.

sankysvr6, Haven't got any running issues 'yet' as im only just gearing up to install it, bought the engine from Jeremy @ R.K about 4 yrs ago as a complete conversion;I know its got reds tops, smaller pulley (cant remember what size)and had the boost return deleted - based on what i got id say it was running stock induction and intercooler - both of which i plan to change. There could be other mods but im only going on what i can see at the min.

Cheers