KofiD

Car Not Starting

Good morning fellow Corrado owners,

Not quite sure where to put this, but i'll go ahead anyway

after a long awaited start, I am getting to work on my Nugget 1.8 KR

It has been sat for a long time, probably a year and a half. After getting some fuel and putting it straight in the tank, and charging over-night

The car will turn over, but it does not start - after a look around the car, there is an absence of any lights on the dash when ignition is on, no battery light, the gauges don't move either (should i expect them to? not sure)

I think there has been a bit of a fiddle about with the fusebox... but I checked a diagram, and to me it looks all connected (there are a few split + reconnected wires)

All fuses are intact...

Please help :thumbleft:

Have you checked for fuel getting up to the engine bay from the tank to the engine(fuel pump). Checked for a spark? I think you need to rule these two out before carring on.

Edited by Ray1965

Yes we have checked both of these, it is getting fuel, and it is sparking, the plugs were brand new when it came off the road too.

perhaps very old stale fuel? If you're getting fuel and spark it *should* start. Although sometimes you might need to crank for a good few minutes before it fires up - had this problem recently with the wifes corolla. Had to turn the engine over for quite a while before finally firing. Took it for a good drive to remove any moisture etc.

Edited by fla

Hi guys, sorry for the delayed response, I have been quite ill...

anyway we cranked the engine over quite a while and it still didnt start - all vac hoses etc seem to be fine.

but It looks like the fuse box has been tampered with, so i am going to start from scratch and rewire the thing