Jamie

Stuck Zip On Rear Seat/Warning Triangle Compartment

Anybody got any ideas on how to free this off? Tried WD40, silicon and PTFE lubricant sprays and the thing is jammed solid. I don't want to tug it so hard the clip comes off but I just can't get it to budge...

Is the triangle removed? It's a nightmare closing them with it in, so I'd suggest trying to free it up with it removed first. With it out, see if there are any loose threads underneath jamming it. Use a needle or something similar to pick and pull it out if so.

You never know!! :bonk:

Candle Wax Method: Rub an (unlit) candle up and down the teeth on both sides of your stuck zipper. The wax from the candle should help the zipper glide back into place. I recommend using a natural colored candle, since the wax from a colored candle could rub off on your boots/purse/zippered jacket and stain the material.

Beeswax Lip Balm Method: Rub a clear-colored, beeswax lip balm stick (cherry colored lip balm could stain!) up and down the teeth on both sides of your stuck zipper. If you have beeswax lip balm in a pot, that will work too. Just stick a cotton swab in the pot and rub it up and down the teeth on both sides your stuck zipper.

Graphite Pencil Method: Rub the pencil tip from a traditional (non-mechanical) graphite pencil up and down the teeth on both sides your stuck zipper. I’ve found that this method works best on stuck metal zippers rather than stuck plastic zippers.

Crayon Method: Rub a crayon up and down the teeth of both sides your stuck zipper. Use a crayon the same color as the fabric the zipper is attached to in case any rubs off on it.

Bar of Soap Method: Rub a bar of soap up and down the teeth of both sides your stuck zipper. Use a translucent or natural-colored bar of soap to help prevent staining.

Windex Method: Of all the methods listed above, the Windex method is the most heavy-duty method. If you’re lucky, it will help unstick your very stuck zipper that wouldn’t even budge with the other methods. First, spot-test the fabric surrounding the stuck zipper to see if it is damaged or stained by the Windex. If all is good to go, soak the fabric surrounding the zipper with Windex and then very slowly pull the zipper in the “un-zip” direction. You will need to pull down the zipper in increments. Each time you pull on the zipper, maintain tension on the zipper and try to pull it just past the point where you think it won’t go. Relax your grip and then repeat this process until you have worked your way all the way down the zipper.

Note: With all of these methods, you should spot-test the fabric first to make sure the candle wax/bar of soap/beeswax lip balm/etc. does not damage the fabric surrounding the zipper. Suede fabrics and silk are especially prone to damage or staining from these lubricating agents, so proceed with caution.

- See more at: http://thekrazycouponlady.com/style/7-ways-to-fix-a-stuck-zipper/#sthash.pkozfxCm.dpuf

Edited by Ray1965

Agree on candle wax. We have various zips on our canopy on our boat that are exposed to the elements. And it works on these.

The triangles in there, I want to get it out.

Cheers for the advice I'll work my way through them :)

Haha yeah sorry forgot to say I was trying to open it.

Anyway all sorted - StueyB's advice was spot on! Took the engine out, rubbed a crayon on the zip and eased it back and that was it - job done.

I can get my zip open, but can't pull the triangle out, seems stuck in there :lol:

Pour a bottle of olive oil down there, should come out then. :lol: