sexybourbon

decat / tinny , resonated and no resonated !!

Simple question , iv got a decat on and its pretty tinny when on the throttle. , you can hear it passing through and its taken away some of the deep growl the vr has and it niggles me

Question is as i want to keep it is would it stop it if it was resonated ? And can someone explain what the difference is between resonated and non and wether it can be applied to my decat

And i dont want a sports cat , there expensive and iv already paid for the decat and want to keep it

The term resonated and non resonated applies to the extra silencer doesn't it?

You can't resonate a decat pipe as such.

How long has it been on for? After a while they tend to quieten down once they have a bit of a soot covering on the inside

Ahh cheers , i thought it was the same or like the ceramic coating you can get applied to manifolds and stuff. , hence why i thought it might be possible to apply it to the decat to get rid of the tinny sound it creates !! Ten looser points for me then for being a doofus

Chris , iv had it in about a year now so should have plenty of soot in there mate

Maybe try getting some heat wrap on it to muffle the sound a bit?

I'm just clutching at straws but maybe the decat is made out of a low quality material, I assume it's stainless?

It is stainless and not sure on quality tbh its hust a stright through pipe , might give the heat wrap a go see if it muffles it

That's the only thing I can think of that's worth trying really.

If you get desperate you could try welding a piece of stainless bar to the decat, I'm not working of any proven scientific facts here but I reckon it would change the tone of the noise lol