inkarnata

New US Corrado Owner

Took her out for a test drive tonight to see if the spoiler would work, and run some fresh gas with some cleaner in it through the motor. Seabelts aren't working now, and the cluster lights up, but no gauge activity...DOH...and if it needed to be said...no spoiler :-)

Very nice, I am curious to know if, when doing the moonroof swap, you need to use the Passat track or stick with the Corrado track. I'd like to know what hurdles you come across as well; if you don't mind.

When I swopped mine out for a Passat Moonroof complete with motor it all bolted straight into the existing Corrado holes.

Ian.

Inkarnata:

It sounds like you may have blown a fuse. Hopefully it is a quick and easy fix for you.

GlosterOx:

Thank you, I appreciate that information.

With all that you listed, it likely isn't the battery. A bad battery would cause somethings to be dim and/or operate slowly; not likely for everything to just stop. If you have a multimeter, I would check to see if power is going through (assuming you haven't found a blown fuse).

This is specifically for the gauges. I have power to it, clock, odometer and lights are on. I've heard low voltage in the system will cause the gauges themselves to not register. I also know I have a bad battery in the car anyhow. The gauges themselves are fused on 16 which I know is good, the clock is on another fuse which I know is working since hte clock is. Also there are apparently some grounds in the engine bay to be checked. The seatbelts I'm not sure on just yet.

So no luck on the belts or the gauges with the new battery...car starts up a lot better now with it though :-)

I must have missed something when I reconnected the fusebox, cause both items were working before...guess the seat will be coming out again and I'll be digging in under there again.

Have a new Relay 109 coming from GAP, mine is ticking, plugged in some of the single connectors last night, still no luck on the gauges or seatbelts. Just been too muggy to rangle myself in under the dash lately.