inkarnata

New US Corrado Owner

Hey All, just brought a new VW into the stable. 93 SLC in Satin Silver. Owned a 90 G60 back in the early 2000's when I had no clue what I was doing around a car, so I'm excited to have a nicer version of my first VW. I've only got filthy pics of it before I left to get it back home, tearing into it now to get some items straightened out. Already been reading through the posts here, VWVortex's Corrado forums are just dead these days.

Oops.. I didn't see they were awaiting moderation. Consider them approved :)

So right now I have the dash apart to get the spoiler, sunroof, lower center stack gauges reconnected as the previous owner disconnected them while troubleshooting. After driving it back from the shop it was at, it has a slight misfire above 3k RPM, it's been sitting since November so I'll give it some time to resolve itself. I have a hard time believing that the pin from the distributor is still in the engine, by the size of it, it would have had to get caught up somewhere and already been causing trouble.

Looking good. ive always liked them in silver.

Oh & you will find most of us are an active & helpful bunch on here :D

HA...it will not be a matter of IF I need it :-) All my problems right now are electrical, my weakest point for repairs but I'll figure it out. And I'm sure I'll have some questions for y'all.

So I'll throw out my first noob question. The PO disconnected the spoiler at a point under the dash. The switch is connected to the spoiler ctrl module, where do the other wires coming out of the module go to....to a relay or something on the fusebox?

Should also be a blue/white wire.was used for the speed sensitive radio.as speed went up so did the volume

Dont have wiring diagrams right now. Is your dash electric or mechanical driven speedo. Mechanical had a signal generator that fed three items. The dash itself, the spoiler control module and stereo sensor

Does the mfa show current speed? If the Speedo works and mfa shows current speed start looking at spoiler control module or wiring

It's connected....I can't raise the spoiler manually via the switch either. Everything in the trunk look like it's connected, I can raise and lower the spoiler with the knob in the back, and it is locked in it's proper place. My speedometer, MFA and Cruise all work fine, so I focused on the control module. I do not feel any clicking in the Control Module when attempting to activate it, so now I am wondering if that is bad.

Guess who has a short....this guy. Popped some fuses around and low and behold 16 is popping off each time. Anywhere this one commonly gets shorted out from?

Disconnected spoiler switch, control module, ABS light, glovebox light and sunroof motor. Still popping...bad ground?