JAM11E

Sump pan hex/Allen bolts...where?

Hi guys,

Where can I get the Allen/hex bolts that fix the oil pan to the underside of the car?

If they are available from VW does anyone have the part number?

Thanks

I replaced mine with St/Steel bolts + washers recently from a fastener wholesaler locally, other than that I would guess they should be available from VW?

Ian.

They are available from VW. Part number N90423402, you will need 25 or 25 (can't remember). It came to £18 for me, but that was with a decent discount from a friend at TPS.

The design has changed from allen heads to standard bolts. Access is a bit tight with a socket where the sump meets the flywheel so I used a few of my old allen bolts for this.

They are available from VW. Part number N90423402, you will need 25 or 25 (can't remember). It came to £18 for me, but that was with a decent discount from a friend at TPS.

The design has changed from allen heads to standard bolts. Access is a bit tight with a socket where the sump meets the flywheel so I used a few of my old allen bolts for this.

Ouch, think my stainless ones were about £3 or £4 total including washers - No one is going to see them and at least they won't rust!

Ian.

Ouch, think my stainless ones were about £3 or £4 total including washers - No one is going to see them and at least they won't rust!

Ian.

Do you remember what thread size etc they were?

M6x14 cap head should do the job. Im off bolt shopping this aft if you want me to grab some?

I have an oil leak because I bashed my sump so I need to do it tomorrow, I ordered from Vw.

Thanks all the same though

Just about to do mine... Do I need washers for the cap heads ? If so normal flat or spring washer

I'm been lazy I,ve not looked under the car yet.

I would use washers if you are using normal cap heads with no flange. Or as I did, clean up the old vw ones and reuse them