2sheds

Brakeline rupture, best tool for the job

So driving home the other night and my brakes went completely soft, I checked it out asap and one of my lines has gone, right above the pillow box on exhaust (smell was delightful). So, I have a flaring kit and line but mine doesn't bubble flare, has anyone got any tool recommendations for the job please?

Secondly, before I get under the car would I probably be able to just fit a bridging section or would full replacement by advisable?

Cheers ;D

Myself personally I would get under the car and have a good look at all your lines if one line has gone chances are there will be others on there way out, so you might as well replace all the corroded lines at the same time, then bleed the whole system through. Other wise in a few months time you could find yourself in the same situation.

Cheers guys, managed to get under today and all lines are ok, had to replace one section as it had been crushed by exhaust (note to self, check ALL lines when lowering)

Ended up using the Laser kit from Halfords and really pleased with it, great value at 37 quid

Only thing that has emerged is that previous owner painted the front calipers and so bleed nipples are stuck in place, but thats a job for tomorrow now :D