CazzaVR

WANTED: Vintage Star Wars Toys

Have recently got back into collecting again and would be interested in anything vintage (especially Palitoy/Kenner 3 3/4" figures and ships) from 1970's & 80's.

Let me know what you've got! :)

imagejpg1_zps1e836783.jpg

These are my lads that he's looking to sell if they are of interest

They're modern, so not really what I'm after. Best bet is to stick them on Ebay. May get a few quid for the Clone Gunship. None of the figures is worth much, I'm afraid :(

I have a carded VC Jawa, a carded Vlix and a boxed early bird mail away DT Luke, Ben and Vader - not sure if they're worth anything...?

Yet...

Unfortunately they probably never will be. There's so much of the modern stuff about and loads of people went mad buying loads and hiding them away thinking they may be worth a bit in the future. The reason why some of the old stuff is worth a lot, is that back in the day, no one kept them on the cards etc, so mint condition/mint on card items are rae as. No one had any idea that they would be worth something.

:lol: @ Jamie! Tenner maybe? What's your Paypal address? Are you a collector?

I sold a massive collection as a kid in the late 80's for pennies.. it still upsets me to think what they'd be worth! :(

This happens loads! I sold a few of mine too, but thankfully kept most of it (although I never had that much in the first place!). I think a lot of people are under the misconception that all the old stuff is worth a bomb, whereas it's simply not the case. So much depends on condition and some figures are way rarer/more sought after than others.

I sold a massive collection as a kid in the late 80's for pennies.. it still upsets me to think what they'd be worth! :(

Yep same here. Except I gave mine to a girl I was seeings little brothers when I was 15, to try and occupy them while we were babysitting so I could get a bit further on with getting her clothes off...

:lol: @ Jamie! Tenner maybe? What's your Paypal address? Are you a collector?

I've dabbled in the past mate. Got quite into it, made some decent contacts in America and ended up with a really nice mint boxed and carded collection about 15 years ago which I sold when The Phantom Menace came out and the vintage market went through the roof. Got serious money for it but sometimes wish I still had it all. Still got a few bits but nothing exciting and will buy something every now and again when the mood takes me.

We have a pile of stuff in the attic, would have to dig some of it out, anything in particular you were looking for

Thanks for the pics Bill :)

No worries, sorry there was nothing better :wave:

Hi Jamie! Been steadily building up the collection. Completed an ESB MOC run... well, apart from Boba :lol: Got some nice Palitoys. Would love a Boba, SW Palitoy R5 & Death Star Droid, as well as a Sandpeople face mask (made by Palitoy), which seem to be like hen's teeth.

Yourself? Any DT sabers? ;)

its not star wars as all of mine was stolen when i was little but i do have a complete & boxed generation 1 Transformers JetFire in the loft

it is one thing i am glad i kept from childhood - unfortunately, but not at the time as i brought my first car with the proceedings, i sold the stack of marvel comics i had which included a first print No1 edition of The Hulk (where he was grey not green) & Journey into mystery No83 which was the first appearance of Thor

if only i had them now :( lol

Gessss probably have a 70's Luke Skywalker... but I think I chewed his light saber.. and maybe R2D2 somewhere...

I've still got my Tamiya RC cars thou! - can't wait for my boys to be old enough for them. ;)

Cazza, are you still looking vintage toys? my family recently came into a ton of vintage toys... star wars, star trek, marvel, james bond, toy cars from 40s/50s/60s. probably a few other genres. all of them going on ebay.