stuarttaylor37

Whats this

The bracket next to your middle finger? If I remember correctly it sort of clips inside the hole in the rear beam to secure the suspension bolt... if that makes sense

Yep thats the one and thanks for the reply

I compared it to the other side which appears fixed securely

fathersday041.jpg

I cant see how the loose one fixes though, doesn't appear to be anything missing but it looks longer than the nearside one so if its spring loaded I cant see how it clips in place

Erm well the top sort of pushes over and see the little 'tooth' underneath, that just clips into the beam

I tried that but like I said it feels too long-although I cant see what the tops doing....I'll take a better look at the weekend

Cheers

Unless I am looking at these wrong, it should clip on just the same as the the one in the later picture, its the bracket that the rear brake hose goes through on its way to the caliper.

I would try and compare them to see if they are definately the same.

Dougie

Stuart,

It is probably better to have a go with the wheel off. At the top if you look at the bracket side on, it is almost "s" shaped. This loops over the top of the beam/hub assembly. It can take quite a bit of force to then push it down enough, so you can clip the bottom part of the bracket on as seen in your second picture.

At the moment the loose one will just be being held in place by the brake flexi hose.

Hope that made some sense!

Dougie

Stuart,

It is probably better to have a go with the wheel off. At the top if you look at the bracket side on, it is almost "s" shaped. This loops over the top of the beam/hub assembly. It can take quite a bit of force to then push it down enough, so you can clip the bottom part of the bracket on as seen in your second picture.

At the moment the loose one will just be being held in place by the brake flexi hose.

Hope that made some sense!

Dougie

Cheers Dougie

Fixed - that rattle has been vexing my spirit everytime I drive with the windows down since last Summer!