Craig Bolton

turbo or not

130i I found great to drive. Very progressive in both steering and power delivery. Its like a min M3 I would say. Slighly harsh ride but no worse that most cars these days. I never drove mine without runflats either.

Which Evo though?

I would go for Evo 6 again :) Its a brutal power, not really comfortable car but for less that 8k you can get really fast and nice car, or you can buy a project car for 4-5k.

There is a really nice blob eye STI with 431bhp advertised for £8.2k on ebay that I would be buying with that kind of money.

Already getting the itch to move on again but will try and keep the C for another 12 months or so.

$_57.JPG

Edited by VR6 Gar

That looks superb! Have to say a friend of mine just got a same sort of era Impreza WRX estate with the prodrive performance pack. Had a drive of it today and it was really good fun - drove really nice, and put a real smile on your face when you put your foot in it :)

not for me i don't care how fast that thing goes......the spoiler.....horses for courses

There is a really nice blob eye STI with 431bhp advertised for £8.2k on ebay that I would be buying with that kind of money.

Already getting the itch to move on again but will try and keep the C for another 12 months or so.

$_57.JPG

The only reason that goes so fast is so no-one has to look at it for very long

The only reason that goes so fast is so no-one has to look at it for very long

:lol: It's not the best looking is it :nono:

Ha, I actually really like the newer Subarus, especially this one.

subaru-impreza-sti-S1230747-1.jpg

subaru-impreza-sti-S1230747-4.jpg

Probably what i will get next as the interiors don't look too bad on the more modern Jap stuff

Keep the corrado and enjoy it for what it is, a great all rounder then buy a subaru classic type r for £5-6k, two door and get it mapped to 350bhp just to scare the super bikes;-). A friends just mapped his classic to 420bhp and it is savagely quick, a lot quicker than his recently sold v10 running 538bhp too!

I've a hankering for an e46 m3 next, but my corrado won't be going anywhere and neither will my 330d!

I bet these big turbo Subarus are laggy :D Well, apparently 'lag' is outmoded now. People prefer to call it 'boost response' or 'onset of boost' now. It's still bloody lag how ever much you play with words :D

I do like the blob eye one but that silly spoiler and gold wheels make it a marmite car.

I think common problems plague all cars even the corrado with the chain tensioner issues on the vr6 and heater matrix failures. In my experience the BMW's are quite well engineered and i've enjoyed working on them as they are pretty logical and clips designed well etc.

With my E30s and E34s, I found them to be a typical crazy German blend of over-engineered unimportant stuff and silly under-engineering of important things like wipers, headlights, and erm, brakes!

Great cars overall though. Very rigid body shells and cabin quality is extremely high. I'm not necessarily talking about the 'perceived quality' that separates an Audi from a VW (I.e. softer plastics and thicker carpet), I mean the build quality. It's made to last. Well, certainly the E34. I still maintain that is the best built BMW to date.