delfinis38

changing sony illumination colour

is it possible to change the illumination colour within a vintage 1996 sony head unit from orange to green.....

the unit currently has an orange illumination.

if so how would I go about doing it.

Try the site below ............ on-line Sony manuals.

Enter the model number and if there is a copy of the manual available you should be able to scroll through it and see if it's possible and how to do it

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DOCS

thanks I know its not possible within the head unit....

was wondering if you could take the front panel apart and change LED's / bulbs relatively easily with a bit of electrical know how.

Sometimes you can put coloured bulb caps on them. Some of the early radios I've seen had screw in bulbs, others had them soldered on. Or you could just by a second hand VW Gamma IV tape deck with CD changer control - came on the cars in Germany and has green illumination on the earlier models. That's what I have in mine, with an ipod adapter going to the CD changer control. Works pretty well and looks OEM.

Ta for the info.... just got the face plate apart... it has four orange LED's soldered into the circuit..... I wonder if you can get some green caps to fit..... and what colour you would get putting a green cap over orange.....

AFAIK the last time I tired it with a headlight switch it will give you a darker green. You can get caps in electronics stores online, look for LED covers or LED "condoms" -;)

AFAIK the last time I tired it with a headlight switch it will give you a darker green. You can get caps in electronics stores online, look for LED covers or LED "condoms" -;)

that's exactly what it is a orange condom.... just looked in maplins and they don't do any that small :) ta for the heads up