graham1971

The gift that keeps on giving

I spent endless hours checking on Ebay, there were some on there that I thought MAY be the ones but none had the correct part number and those without a part number seemed like too much risk for the money, they probably are on there somewhere but I wanted to be 100% sure for that price! Out of interest, has any body bought parts from partmaster.co.ua in the past, is it a reliable site?

IMG_20140815_202219.jpg

Well, she's back from the paintshop (Ian Davies in Pontardulais, Swansea) and she's got her new wheels on. She's starting to look the part but the BBS centre caps I bought on ebay don't fit, still can't track down any with the correct part number so I'm still trying! Anyone want to sell 4x 1H0 601 149G AEV?

I've finally found a set of the BBS centre caps and they should be here in a few days to finish off my wheels.

Spent this morning helping (well more watching really) a mate of mine fitting the Mk3 Golf sunroof frame I sourced into the Corrado and swapping the glass roof it came with back to the original metal one.

Had to put the sliding sunroof shade in because fitting the original cover back looked pretty impossible to us amateurs as the bits to move the lining when it tilts and slides didnt seem transferrable. I now know why people leave this job and don't bother!

All I need now is a sunroof motor that works for a '94 VR6 with a working(ish) sunroof. Anybody know where I can get one or have one to sell?

One of the bits I left out turned out to be the channel that takes water that gets through the sunroof seal accross the back of the roof to the sides and allows it to escape through the drains. That little mistake resulted in a completely soaked interior this morning and a ver angry Mrs P. Everything I try to fix on the Corrado seems to result in a bigger issue! Gonna need another holiday soon the way this is going!

I've bought an extra sunroof and between the THREE that I now have I've managed to make ONE that appears to work, new motor is due tomorrow, once thats in I'm hoping the whole thing should work properly!

On the plus side I now have lots of spare sunroof parts and quite a good knowledge of how they work.....I've taken it apart and put it back together five times in one week!

If anyone has any specific parts of a sunroof like wind deflectors etc that they need message me and I'll see what we can do!

:dance:

The Corrado is now nearly finished, she's looking so good that I thought I'd share a few pictures. So far we've done a new coilpack, new ( oem bbs ) wheels (now with oem centre caps too, god they were hard to source), three new sunroofs ( this one works ATM), some light restoration and paint to get rid of the metalworm, repaired heater controls, new centre box, side repeaters, front grille, various trim parts and a good interior clean. Phew!!!! What do you think?

20140904_154932.jpg 20140904_154955.jpg 20140904_155115.jpg 20140904_154847.jpg IMG_20140904_154814.jpg IMG_20140904_154759.jpg 20140904_154857.jpg