scotty2hotty

New...ish owner

Bought myself what i think is a storm.Don't know a definitive way of telling but not too bothered as it's a lovely car.

Will post some pics at a later date.Needed a few things doing and still more to do.The c/locking pump is faulty and was wondering if anyone knows how critical the part no is.Have seen some on ebay and they have the same part no apart from mine has a C at the end and the ones i'm looking at have a G.Any ideas ?

Storm or not I'm glad to hear another Corrado is in safe hands of someone who wants to restore it to good order. Too many cars are broken for spares.

Ref your CDL pump problem, are you sure the pump is faulty? Reason I ask that too often our customers report to us that they believe their CDL pump is faulty, when indeed it is a wiring fault, a vacuum leak in the CDL system plumbing, or another issue. If it is your pump then the part number is critical, as there are many VAG vehicles all fitted with similar looking pumps, but the main difference is the plug wiring and terminal layout. The letter at the end of the part number will denote a change in specification which will render the part non compatible for your application.

If your unsure if a storm, check with vw uk giving chassis number....

2 colours green with beige leather interior and colour coded grill, mystic blue with black leather interior, solitude alloys but guess by now they may of been changed. Colour coded front grill to match paint work, storm badge on rear panel and on gear shift. Lots of been made to look like storms.

If the storm is blue it's easy to tell by the paint code, as it was a different blue to other cars.... Green is a different mater, they made non storms in the same colour.....

Get those picture up......

Edited by delfinis38

I've recently contacted vw uk which I think was in Milton Keynes regarding my storms authenticity, piece of cake but the chap on the phone did have to go into an older database so if they tell you they can't be sure, ask again!, oh welcome and get some pics up:-)

Pictures will help us be 99% certain on whether it's a Storm or not, including the number plate / year of registration :)