VR6 Gar

Corrado VR6 Turbo. Sold

Sold,

Price as it stands £5.5k. Other options on price, see below.

The car is being sold cheap as there are some issues with the paint. If it doesn't sell I will get all the paint sorted and re advertise at a greatly increased price. This is a good opportunity to get a very well specced car cheap and sort out the issues at your leisure, it is still very presentable.

With the arches having been rolled there are signs of the paint lifting around the edges, not a difficult one for a bodyshop to sort out. The bigger problem is when the car is left in the rain the paint fades. As such I keep it under a cover and try not to use it in wet weather. Not figured out if this could be solved with a lacquer, what with Flash red being un-lacquered, or if it needs a blow over with fresh paint. Also had an incident with a car ramp firing under the NS sill on my gravel drive. Made a temporary repair and paint that I was going to get sorted when the rest of the paint was done.

The other issue is the Peloquin is out of the car and needs a rebuild. Thankfully this is covered by a lifetime transferable warranty. Just send it back to Gary who will rebuild it free of charge, you just need to cover shipping costs, never got round to doing this but will if it doesn't sell quickly.

In my ownership I have;

Replaced all the brake discs and pads in the last few hundred to thousand miles.

New R32 rear wishbone mounts

Neuspeed rear ARB

Uprated headlight loom and Osram Nightbreaker bulbs- main and dipped.

Refurbed the alloys- 1 has been scuffed by a tractors step trying to get through a non existent gap, can get this re done for £60.

Engine heat shielding all replaced.

Couple of oil changes at less than 5000 mile intervals

New NGK Iridium plugs as recommended for VRTs on Vortex

TT wiper arms

Replaced the Magnecore race HT leads

Upgraded all the stereo

Fitted Konig bucket seats

Front center arm rest

Momo race steering wheel

AEM Dryflow airfilter

Volt and oil pressure VDO gauges

New Yuassa battery.

Sunroof slide function fixed

Bardahl Racing turbo protect oil additive

New track rod ends and track rods.

Thermo switch for rad

Thermostat and housing and blue sender

Probably other things too, more detailed info can be found in my build thread here http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=81320&highlight=exeter

This car has a Lever arch file FULL of receipts from my, Coullstars and James ownership.

MOT March 31st 2015

Tax Similar off top of my head.

Millage of the car is 171thou

Spec of car from original for sale add.

Garret gt3582r turbo

Brand new (not rebuilt) out the crate from vw 2.8 block with new pistons including wrist pins (also new oil spray jets were fitted.)

Head rebuilt with new guides and valves recut and head had a light skim.

New hydrolics.

Crank was checked and needed no further work and is testament to the previous owner

Rods were checked for straightness and new little eye bushes fitted

Rest of engine was rebuilt with later parts including later chain guides.

New shells, chains, tensoners, oil pump ,waterpump seals etc!! When i say everything was renewed i mean the Lot!!

Rest of the parts on engine, were shot blast, painted or powder coated and the engine was reassembled with new stainless nuts bolts throughout and ARP bolts were used for the head and rod bolts

Rest of engine/fuelling-

Custom inlet manifold

Custom exhaust manifold

Custom built 3" full exhaust system with cat and middle silencer to backbox.

Front mounted twin pass intercooler fitted with custom inlet piping.

Badger inlet manifold thermo spacer.

Custom billet alloy fuel rail.

Delphi 440cc injectors

New lambda sensor.

Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Header tank, washer bottle and power steering bottle have just been replaced with new..

Aroquip fuel and oil fittings throughout.

Custom mounted Walbro 255 intank fuel pump

Custom mounted Bosch 044 secondary fuel pump using MK2 16v fuel filter (custom mounted) for ease of replacement when needed.

Swirl pot located in boot.

16 row cooler with an thermostatically controlled take off plate.

VF engineering front mount

Samco hoses

Gruven alloy crack pipe.

Gruven 70 deg thermostat.

Shimmel performance inlet manifold 45deg adapter.

Shimmel performance 268 Cams (also new)

Engine bay loom/ ecu was converted to later OBD2 and the harness was stripped and retaped with self amalgamating tape and looks OEM.

Using OBD2, C2 motorsports software and 4"maf. Drives, starts just like any normal VR6 and returns good mpg on long runs.

Also the C2 software will allow the boost to be turned up to around 20psi with the use of a "doors device" boost controller...its very...very quick with that amount of boost!

Helix 4 padel clutch kit

B&M short shift.

Chassis

Avo adjustable coilovers including adjustable dampening.

Rear axel has been shot blast and painted and fitted with polyflex bushes and new nuts and bolts were used when rear axle was refitted.....every bolt and every nut...

New brake pipes fitted just like oem including new axel brake pipe clips

New ATE rear discs and pads including oem bearings and new abs rings.

MK4 alloy rear callipers painted in red.

New handbrake calipers

Goodridge braded hoses all round.

Wilwood 6 piston callipers

New antiroll bar drop links.

Trim.

fake rear hump as the battery now lives there.

black rooflining and trims

Interior is very clean and tidy, everything works as you expect .

LC1 Innovate Motorsports wideband

Mocal boost gauge in psi.

R&B motorsports twin probe inlet temperature gauge fitted to keep an eye on inlet temps.

Rear end dyno matted so its a smooth quiet drive.

The complete heater box with motor/resistor and matrix was replaced with a genuine VW item by the previous owner!

The heater dials move with no notches.

Cat 1 alarm,remote central locking

Passat de-locked door handles

Needles to say this car is very fast and handles fantastically.

Will get some picture of the arches when it stops raining.

Price as it stands is £5.5k. This may seem a lot but with fresh paint I would value it at £7.5k

£500 off without konig seats and standard very good condition black cloth fronts.

£500 off without wheels, bring your own.

£500 off without Peloquin.

So potentially as little as £4k

Not in any rush to sell this so no silly offers, whats your best/lowest price etc. If you are genuinely interested come have a look.

Only going to advertise this on here until after I get back from holiday which is from 8th to 23rd Sept.

A few pics. Some are old, will update when weather allows.

_MG_0908_zpsc8194ab5.jpg

IMG_3478_zps35811f86.jpg

IMG_3473_zps42be7264.jpg

IMG_3553_zps086dfc42.jpg

IMG_3554_zps30e091fa.jpg

IMG_3483_zps8bc1c15c.jpg

Original build thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=34842

Coullstars build thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=49027

EDIT.

Just been out and taken a few photos.

Sunroof doesn't quite go all the way back. Having only got it working last weekend I haven't had time to look into this yet.

Took a picture of the front wings to give an idea of what is happening to the paint around the edges.

When the car is given a good clean it still looks fantastic despite the problems.

IMG_4074_zps2583dd69.jpg

IMG_4073_zps2fb9c1af.jpg

IMG_4072_zpsa6122521.jpg

IMG_4078_zpsa4466341.jpg

IMG_4080_zps9be0ba15.jpg

EDIT.

Just taken a few more photos. Had to delete some of the others as only 20 are allowed.

Note the car has not been cleaned in over a month here, just kept under its cover with a couple of short journeys in that time.

The picture of the wheel is the one that got damaged by the tractor. You can make out the worst of it and there is scuffing running diagonally down and to the right that hasn't really been captured in the pic.

IMG_4083_zps291d428f.jpg

IMG_4085_zps75d11bf9.jpg

IMG_4091_zpsb7c875a9.jpg

IMG_4090_zpsb225597b.jpg

IMG_4084_zps8a2ce6b1.jpg

IMG_4087_zps928b959b.jpg

IMG_4088_zps33e2b5e6.jpg

IMG_4086_zps625af6c5.jpg

IMG_4089_zpsd6725ab9.jpg

Note the car will come with;

very good condition standard black cloth seats if you want them.

a space saver in the boot and with a spare 8J TH2 fitted with Falken 452 with loads of tread.

Will also leave the fire extinguisher in the glove box as you can never be too careful.

Also comes with spare Lambda sensors, decat pipe, innovate gauge software and cable and any other bits I have lying around.

Edited by VR6 Gar