Jim

Audi dealer in helpful shocker!

I didn't notice any "ewwwwww" comments, but I know old Bimmers aren't for everybody :D

it was a jesting comment in an earlier post on the thread Kev ;)

That's a lovely Bimmer!

why thank you. i know my uncle is keen to restore it but currently building funds as it might be quite a whopper of a build cost. However, with the reg plate it has too it really will be a stunner when finished

I know what you mean about Porsche build quality too. I still remember driving my dads 1978 911 SC when i was just 18, the sturdy reassuring feeling of feedback the whole car gives you actually made you feel like you were having to 'drive' it rather than be a driving passenger like modern cars

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Definitely! If the old 80s 6 series wings cost a fortune, I hate to think how much body panels for your Uncle's cost! A pristine car like that would really stand out in today's sea of samey cars.

I love the 8 series as well but I'm not brave enough to take one on!

911s are like driving a chunk of granite on wheels. Mega strong body shells! And yep, certainly with the older 911s, the whole car fizzes with feedback.

Really think next year I'm going to get some sort of BMW. The E38 7 Series I got from Hofmeister was a real eye opener - it was an exceptional steer. Surprisingly quick given it's weight, extremely comfortable, and just the styling of that model was perfect - the lines, the proportions, the way it sits on the road. I loved everything about it.

There are some fantastic bargains to be had on bigger engined older BM's now as no one wants the terrible fuel economy!

Definitely! If the old 80s 6 series wings cost a fortune, I hate to think how much body panels for your Uncle's cost! A pristine car like that would really stand out in today's sea of samey cars.

Indeed Kev!! fortunately we are pretty good at panel work thanks to the endless hours of rubbing & prep'ing on VW camper vans lol

I love the 8 series as well but I'm not brave enough to take one on!

Yes m8, the temptation for the 850 CSi is almost a big as that for the E30 M3 but with the advantage of a V12 :cool:

911s are like driving a chunk of granite on wheels. Mega strong body shells! And yep, certainly with the older 911s, the whole car fizzes with feedback.

My dads hasnt been out of the garage for well over 10 years but i still hear in my mind the rumble of the flat 6 that used to wake me up as a child :D I'm not too far off 40 & am hoping it might make a long awaited return appearance then ;)

Don't take this the wrong way but I thought you were waaaaaay younger than 40! :D You're nearly as ancient as I am (41) :lol:

Do it Jim. Shall we all defect to BMW?? :lol:

Don't take this the wrong way but I thought you were waaaaaay younger than 40! :D You're nearly as ancient as I am (41) :lol:

Ha ha no good sir, just a shy under at 38. Am praying & hoping & crossing everything for a BIG birthday pressie for my 40th......oink oink ;) lol