loepan

brake id? to purchase new pads

ok so i have 288s up front, got it like them, unfortunately i have no history on them

i know i only need to order 288 discs but are the pads specific to passat/golf conversion callipers or do pads

or is there any stamp numbers i can cross reference i can only see the long number on the calliper in pic and vw 54

20140828_184156_zpsed2b143e.jpg20140828_184214_zps7fc83587.jpg20140828_184255_zpsa6a4ddf2.jpg20140828_184249_zps35d700f9.jpg20140828_184222_zps1fec0549.jpg20140828_184207_zps5689e871.jpg

was gonna de-rust the callipers etc and paint em up or get new ones

any ideas

They don't look like the 288 conversion I have, they look more like the standard setup. These are the 288's on mine....ave6aqe9.jpg

As above, the 288s are easily identified by a triangular cut out on the caliper, where as the 280s like yours have an oval cut out. Seems the previous owner was telling porkies or was also fed a line mate.

thank you all very much, at least i can start a fresh with a brake upgrade

wasn't fleeced by previous owner, just took a guess as like i said have no history....this may just be me being dumb but i came to my conclusion after looking at the front pads through the speed lines and thinking the calliper was really close to the alloy, then after taking the wheel off and measuring the disc at 288mm diameter (roughly, not with a micrometer, the type of measurement you tell your wife? 'yeah honestly, thats around 9 inches') and jumping excitedly to the happy conclusion the callipers were surely made to suit, if that makes sense, any way at the time it did in my world :dance:....one where i don't shell out more money on the corrado??

nope, no such place exists

thought i would explain as it may just give someone a laugh and brighten up their day

ps if anyone has callipers/carriers for the conversion for sale or a decent measurement tool ill take em

don't need the measurement tool really :bonk: