4eyes2wheels

Help with a stuck front seat belt

Hi corrado people. I am back for some guidance because the technical knowledge and willingness to help vw owners has always been first class on this forum.

my drivers seat belt on my 3dr mk5 golf has got well and truly stuck.

any tips on accessing it and freeing it up please? The ratchet is not letting the belt feed out.

Don't want to break anything or deploy side airbags etc.

Any help gratefully received.

thanks in advance

Jon (former corrado vr6 owner)

Where in Surrey are you and what size do you need? I have a socket set here in Claygate near Esher/Kingston you can try.

Edit: Not sure I have any big ones though. Will go and check.

Edited by Portent

I think it's going to need a 55 ? Not sure TBH. Think I need to bite e bullet and just get it replaced.

thanks for the offer portent

Are the stealers likely to carry seat belts on the shelf? I can probably manage one day out of the office to get it fixed

The seat belt repair man has been and replaced the mechanism for £100 plus VAT - I got a discount for having removed the trim.

This was three weeks faster than VW could help me and I suspect a third of the price!

Only wrinkle is the air bag light that is on . . . suspect the fault code generated by the sensor being unplugged needs to be cleared with VAG COM

Glad you got sorted mate, the airbag light will need clearing with VCDS. He should really have disconnected the battery before unplugging it, would have saved you the hassle of having to get it cleared.