sheppeydave

Corrado 1990 rear brake discs and pad change

Having a bit of trouble changed my rear discs and pads today discs and bearing went fine but when I go to fit the calipers back with new pads they are so tight I have to hammer them back on in turn can't drive the car because they are too tight has anyone had this problem before I have wound the pistons back as far as they can go with the proper tool just seems like the new pads are too thick😞😞😞???

Have you checked the slider pins inside the rubber bellows on the calliper carriers are free moving ? If not these will prevent good fitting. Another thing to check is that you have the correct thickness brake pads. Motor factors very often supply parts that are similar

but incorrect.

Slider pins work fine yeah I've got some brembo rear pads that I've had lying around for a while dunno if they are the right thickness they seem really thick too thick for my calipers

I think you know the answer to your problem :( but a set of pads specific to your Corrado :)